Counting triads and ill-dignification/reversed cards

daedal

I have two questions about reading a spread.

Firstly, when counting a linear spread while taking into account the dignifying attributes of the flanking cards: If during the OOTK spread I happen to land on an already counted card, according to the traditional method that operation of the reading ends. But what if I land on one of the flanking (dignifying) cards? Does this count/ should that operation end? I hope that I have articulated this question well enough.

Secondly, how does dignification in regard to the elements relate to reversed cards? Does this add a layer of interpretation to the relationship? What sort of relationships could be indicated by this?

Barleywine

It's been a long time since I used the counting techniques of the OOTK, so I will have to go back and revisit them.

Regarding dignities and reversals, Liber T always mentions "for good or ill." If you consider a particular reversed card to represent a negative influence and it is flanked by two cards that reinforce it "for ill" (such as a Disk card surrounded by two Swords), that should exacerbate the negative effect of the reversal. Many people don't use reversal and elemental dignities together, but I think that they come at the issue of adverse influence from two different perspectives; dignities affect the "power" of a card's expression, strengthening or weakening it, while reversal changes what I call the "mode of delivery." I think they work beautifully together.

daedal

Thanks a lot. Your answer makes sense I suppose. I'm glad that I have this forum because I'm not sure I could articulate a search for an answer like that through Google.