Help with relationship reading

Pisces88

Hi, I’m a beginner. I want to ask about the actions of my male friend in the next 6 months toward me. We had some history shared together, but we do not have contact anymore and our relation is complicated. From what I know he has a girlfriend since recently. I’ve made two spreads:
1. What will be their relation like within that time
2. What will be his actions toward me within that time.
Here’s what I got:
1. 6 of swords (past), 6 of cups (present), 7 of wands(clarification for present), The Wheel of fortune (future), 2 of disks (future)
2. 4 of cups (past), 8 of cups (present), 8 of disks (clarification for present), 5 of wands (future), 2 of cups (future)
I understand them as follows:
1. He was hurt by someone and he’s trying to move on with this girl. She might be a rebound. He’s trying hard to push their relationship forward. However their relationship might be some repeat from the past and he will be choosing between 2 women. My guess is that the repetition involve being in kind of feelings triangle- karma. In the past I had a boyfriend and he was the third one, but nothing never really happened. Now it can be alike, just with the difference that he’s the one in relationship.
2. He had some feelings for me but he was the third one. It lead to situation that he feels heartbroken now. There are some unresolved issues between us. After dealing with his grief, he may try to reach me again and try to make things work.
Please help me and give me some insight of what you think.

Fianic

1. 6 of swords (past), 6 of cups (present), 7 of wands(clarification for present), The Wheel of fortune (future), 2 of disks (future)

He has moved on from the past. Right now they are having a very passionate and active relationship. But this will change in the future. I don't necessarily see them breaking up but the pace of the relationship will slow down with time.

2. 4 of cups (past), 8 of cups (present), 8 of disks (clarification for present), 5 of wands (future), 2 of cups (future)

In the past your relationship had no activity whatsoever, as you have said. It doesn't seem like that would change in the near future. But later on there something might be rekindled but not without its problems.

In all honesty, just move on darling. Why wait for him? Even if you do I don't see them breaking up. You'll just be the third leg.

ravenest

If you are asking for my insight I think if you are reading Thoth you need to go below the surface divinatory explanation and look at the deeper indications that reveal things about yourself.

Forget the situation with him and other boys and their girls or not and how you fit in or don't. That is a framework to help you look at your own internal dynamics ... stay on that level and you will be just swirling around in the surface currents of life and your emotions ... go deeper into yourself with the readings and look at what is creating the currents and find where they can take you and where the pools of tranquillity are.

Thoth tarot can have a much deeper purpose than love and emotion readings and help you to understand yourself better, then the love and emotion stuff may become easier to navigate through.

Pisces88

Thank you both for the reply. Very helpful!

I've been thinking about that and you are right. But I'm a bit confused. How can I start working with tarot in order to meditate and to improve my psychic abilities? How should i use Thoth deck? I don't really know how to begin. i have some books explaining basics, like tree of life etc. But how should I begin?