Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

midniteeye

i can live with most of my deep discounted decks, but one i paid us$2.00 for still bothered me even at that price, the baseball tarot.

cronegoddess54

Yep..

I know the feeling on that one....baseball? What was I thinking? Lol..

Vesper

I paid about fifty cents for a used copy of the Rohrig.

I want my two quarters back.

Golden Moon

midniteeye said:
i can live with most of my deep discounted decks, but one i paid us$2.00 for still bothered me even at that price, the baseball tarot.

evelone said:
I paid about fifty cents for a used copy of the Rohrig.

I want my two quarters back.

LMAOWROTF... My goodness, this is the best laugh I've had so far with both of you ladies. I don't blame you evelone, the art is horrendous and it's on sale at amazon for 1 new from $274.99 4 used from $99.98. Midniteeye the art is very nice and soft. Yet it doesn't feel right to me at least.Aat amazon it's on sale, used for $0.83.

Topaz71

My collection is still fairly small but I have to say the World Spirit and The Gilded are two decks I just can't do a thing with. The artwork is great but I get pretty much nothing beyond the "memorized" meanings.

I am really starting to lust after the Deviant Moon though. At first I thought it was rather creepy but now it reminds me of the drawings in "The Wall" (Pink Floyd of course).

Carla

hottierockstar said:
I have a really small number of decks at this point but the Housewives deck straight up pisses me off.
I wanted this deck so badly because I liked the artwork/kitschyness of it.
I tried to like it, tried to use it, made it a cozy...
hard to shuffle, can't read, cards just don't feel right, lwb is ridiculous...it is near me at the moment..as soon as i hit submit the whole kit and kaboodle has to go somewhere....dunno where.....and i dunno why I am letting paper affect me so negatively! LOL

Ha ha! I was same with this deck. I was shocked and bit aggrieved when I tried to use it. Such a little smart ass it was! I tried to read with it a couple of times, but what an attitude. So I traded it. Good riddance!

Laura Borealis

The deck I regret buying is the Tarot Nova. Even though I know a lot of people like it. It annoys me and I need to just get rid of it.

In regard to Gregory's Scheisse Tarot...

gregory said:
Wow ! Does EVERYONE get it ?

Off I go....

No. My outcome (health) is loneliness.... :(

Maybe you have to be more direct with it. :p
I just asked, "Show me the turd!"
And my result...

Attachments

• tonder_onlinereading.jpg
    tonder_onlinereading.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 375

Dusk Till Dawn

laura_borealis said:
The deck I regret buying is the Tarot Nova. Even though I know a lot of people like it. It annoys me and I need to just get rid of it.

In regard to Gregory's Scheisse Tarot...

Maybe you have to be more direct with it. :p
I just asked, "Show me the turd!"
And my result...
Haha! I love it. I still do, and I asked online about Puppy, this is what I got:
http://www.tortelloni.ch/ziehen.php#
The Deck I regret getting was the Vandenborre, I do not understand to this day, what had gotten into me.

desertrat

The Celtic Wisdom Tarot. I think the artwork is lovely, but the illustrations on the cards do not correspond well to the traditional meanings which are presented in the book. Trying to read them turns into an exercise in frustration for me.

The Grail Tarot. This deck just didn't please me. I'm beginning to think I should avoid all Matthews inspired decks.

Someday I will become a subscriber (when I can afford to) and hopefully find a better home for these two.

marimorimo

I regret buying (in order of regret):

1. The Grail Tarot (stupid of me to get this when I don't like Christian-themed decks. And I find the CGI gems, cups, etc. VERY distracting).

2. Sacred Circle Tarot (only have this because it was the last decent-looking deck at the store at the time my Aunt was insisting on getting me a deck. The only deck I received that I didn't ask for and yet I can't use it because of the unillustrated pips!)

3. Shapeshifter Tarot (got intrigued because I often see the cards in books. The art is very lovely, I give it that. But for me it feels more like an oracle rather than a tarot deck).

4. Runic Tarot (I love the art on this one, and even the card size. But I wouldn't call this a Tarot Deck! It's misleading...)

5. Paulina Tarot (I had this sent in exchange for some translations. I love the deck itself but find it very muddy to read. Nothing pops out! :( )

That said, the only decks I'm willing to part with are the Grail and Sacred Circle hehe :)