Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Lifeisabutterfly

I remember a certain Shapeshifter tarot....the odd part is that I did a few really accurate readings with it, but there were so many turnoffs factored in I had to get rid of it. Also I blame most of my dislike for the deck on DJ Conway. I'll never forget one of the opening lines in the book's intro, something along the lines of: "For those who have absolutely no interest in Native American shamanism..." I found that remark to be so distasteful for some reason. There are ways of wording things that make all the difference, you know? and believe you me, I don't give 2 hoots about political correctness! And the way everything was switched around, the suits, the titles etc. and was such a mishmash of different stuff, it didn't seem sincere, just arrogant and ignorant...it was really sad because I really, truly, wanted to love these cards.....sniff sniff.....

Tarotwolf

I find the Phantasmagoric Theater Tarot downright creepy. I really don't even want it touching any of my other decks!

Quester

Indeed! I felt actually ripped off--it's not a cheap deck by a long shot. I never use it--the pics are so blurry and cluttered; really how could she send these out with a clear conscience? I bought the larger version which I know is even blurrier than the smaller one....what a shame considering all the pretty images she chose.

I love the small Infinate Vision and wanted to get the larger one, but heard it is gone.
The deck I haven't been able to connect with is The ShadowFox Tarot. There is not enough color in it for me.

Lifeisabutterfly

Yes the small Infinite version is alot better--I used to have it but gave it away. So the second time round I thought I would get the larger one since I really love pre-raphaelite art but until I read someone else's comment about the resolution I thought it was just me! It's been languishing in a drawer ever since! I don't think I'll ever be able to sell it...

minrice

I think my biggest disappointment to date has been buying the Silver Era tarot. We just didn't connect.

Tag_jorrit

Durer

I am only familiar with the RWS system. I just received this deck and while I love the pictures, they don't seem to fit with the RWS. Am disappointed. Are they more Thoth based? Or just on their own time?

BodhiSeed

I am only familiar with the RWS system. I just received this deck and while I love the pictures, they don't seem to fit with the RWS. Am disappointed. Are they more Thoth based? Or just on their own time?
Here's a quote from Solandia that she wrote in a review of this deck:
"These cards might be confusing to someone used to standard Rider-Waite-Smith meanings. A little Visconti or Marseilles knowledge comes in handy..."

To stay on topic, my biggest disappointment would be with the images of the Infinite Vision. The cards were clear and lovely on her website, but blurry throughout the deck.

Quester

To stay on topic, my biggest disappointment would be with the images of the Infinite Vision. The cards were clear and lovely on her website, but blurry throughout the deck.

You are the second one here to find them blurry. I have the smaller one and love it!!. I have been going to try to find the larger size on the trading forum, but haven't yet. Is it really that bad??

BodhiSeed

You are the second one here to find them blurry. I have the smaller one and love it!!. I have been going to try to find the larger size on the trading forum, but haven't yet. Is it really that bad??

Mine was! Not only were the images blurry, I had to reseal them all through a hot laminator because of all the bubbles and such. I thought resealing the cards would help, but they were still not sharp. I ended up just giving it away, because I knew I would never be able to sell or trade it. I got one of the earlier decks, so I don't know if the later decks have the same problems...

Dragon Rider

My vampire/gothic decks... Bought quite a lot of those back in 2007-2009. Ended up not using them at all. Found them to be too depressing and the persons I read for thought they were majorly "creepy."