Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

firefrost

5. Crowley's Thoth - my intuition says run as fast as you can. Makes me dizzy and my stomach sick looking at it... never had that happen before. And I just got it. Something's not right. Not sure if I'll wait it out or believe my intuition.

If you can bear to keep it in the house, then hide it somewhere out of sight. I felt exactly the same years ago when I bought my first copy. All I knew was that I wanted it out of the house, so I quickly got rid. I felt quite stupid feeling like that, but there you go. It wasn't until a couple of years after that, that it felt 'right' in me to give it another go.

I now have a copy that I don't read with (used a few times, couldn't get into it) but has survived all deck culls, and I'm keeping it.

CheapShoes

If you can bear to keep it in the house, then hide it somewhere out of sight. I felt exactly the same years ago when I bought my first copy.

I now have a copy that I don't read with (used a few times, couldn't get into it) but has survived all deck culls, and I'm keeping it.

Interesting Firefrost. Yeah, it's OK on the shelf where I can't see the cover image. Harmless until handled or open. Like a cursed object out of a Harry potter movie. But there is something dark in there... or described another way, talks to something dark within me I see no need to awaken. Ok, it'll hang for a while.

morganesky

Victoria Regina - stunning deck, but not one I envisage reading with often due to the larger card size and the accuracy is hit and miss for me.

Dark Fairytale - it's just not flowing smoothly with me, accurate, but only when you twist it and think about it later

agno3

Crystal Visions - All the characters have THE SAME FACE
Cosmic Tribe - Too much penis

LassTira

Oh the Regret!

Oh...there are MANY.

The Golden Tarot of Klimt..- Okay this deck literally almost scared me away from tarot. Weird bodies and faces, pain and horror....just ew.

Tarot of the Elves...-Too much story that was truly stupid. Secondly someone already mentioned that maniacal bloody child...-shudder-

Tarot of Vampyres - Could have made a very dark collage out out of it but it really did nothing for me. Nada.

The Shaman Oracle...- There are no words.

Crystal Oracle by Toni Salerno..- Just pictures..It helped that I have memorized meanings of stones but...just bleh. (I do like his Gaia deck though so...eh)

I am sure I could list others....very sure but for now those come to mind...>/

Celtictarot

Messeges from your angels by DV. I can't can't connect to this deck WHATSOEVER so the deck is needing a new loving home. Sold the deck on.

jpdj0210

Interesting Firefrost. Yeah, it's OK on the shelf where I can't see the cover image. Harmless until handled or open. Like a cursed object out of a Harry potter movie. But there is something dark in there... or described another way, talks to something dark within me I see no need to awaken. Ok, it'll hang for a while.

Not to bust in on your conversations, but PLEASE keep it. lol. True, the Thoth is not for everyone, but it is certainly not dark. If you sense that, I think you would be very surprised once you get into it. It's amazing, complex, and beautiful. Plus anything that might seem dark/perverted/etc ends up being beautiful on an entirely different level. You don't even have to get steeped that far into mystical systems to appreciate it on a surface level.
Maybe one day when you feel it's right you can pick up one of the better books on it.

jpdj0210

So far the only deck I really regret is the Merlin Tarot. I bought it on a whim at a bookstore because it was on sale. The trumps are pretty enough, and a couple of them I actually love. But the pips? Not only are they only the actual pips, but they're very plain.
I mean, I've seen plenty of decks where they don't illustrate the pips but they're still beautiful and artistic. Not these. The pips are all one color depending on their element and have the same drawings on them. I don't really ever use it.

morganesky

Widlwood - there was just nothing to attach to