Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

Queen of Pentacle said:
What the difference between the special edition and the mass market? Beside the goodies?
Is is a box ?
Are the edges gilded?
Is the cardstock like the golden?
Are the images printed the same way in the special as in the mass market?

Derek posted on Page 23 of this thread about the Kunati edition - box, size, gilt edges etc.

Final decisions about things like cardstock and the images on the cards haven't yet been made - eg, I am considering minor tweaks to the artwork as I write the book (which I'm doing now).

I doubt that the major release will have the same unusual raised printing as the LE version - we didn't really intend that, it was just what her locally-based printing company gave us. I've never seen it on any other deck, so I'd say it's not a usual mass-production technique.

retrokat

Kimber said:
All Is One, did you notice that
I updated my list? It's partly your fault, after all. :)

Ha, by the time the book comes out you'll have worked them all out :)

There are actually a very limited number of paintings of this era/genre, so I figured people could work out who most of the portraits were pretty easily. I won't be talking about all of the people in the book as it's just a small Companion edition, and also some of them were just chosen for their expression without me actually knowing too much about the historical person. Apart from the Tudors, that is - I'm as fascinated by Tudor history as you are!

Erzebet

retrokat said:
I doubt that the major release will have the same unusual raised printing as the LE version - we didn't really intend that, it was just what her locally-based printing company gave us. I've never seen it on any other deck, so I'd say it's not a usual mass-production technique.

Raised printing? What do you mean?

retrokat

Erzebet said:
Raised printing? What do you mean?

I mean, the printing looks raised. A few people here have commented on it, it's very unusual, never seen it on another deck.

I think that the printers must have either used very very thick ink on the final dark layer, or perhaps it's a wax-based ink. Don't know the technical side, but as people have mentioned, it is a very unusual printing.

That's about all I can say - it looks raised.

Can anyone else who's got a copy explain it better?

Quester

The cards actually have the appearance of being small paintings themselves. Although it isn't, the raised part gives an impression of brush strokes to me. Maybe someone else will be able to give a better description.

Erzebet

Wow, I never even noticed this!! I'm going to take my copy out in the sunlight later and check this out! This sounds very cool ;)

jeseryn

Silly question.. How are you supposed to wear the agate pendant? It has a slideable silver widget that was slide down near the stone and the ends are just untied.

Also my bag is beautiful but it has a slice down the center for some reason that I'm afraid is going to split open. Do you sell the bags seperately?

retrokat

jeseryn said:
Silly question.. How are you supposed to wear the agate pendant? It has a slideable silver widget that was slide down near the stone and the ends are just untied.

Not a silly question - there was some discussion about it on here when people first got them :)

It's up to you - you can either slide the bead to the ends and wear it long, hidden under your clothes (talisman style), or I wear mine as a choker - put it over my head with the bead behind my neck, pull the two ends so it's the right length then tie the two ends in a bow. If the bow comes undone you won't lose it, it will just fall to full length.

Or... however! Someone said they wear it on their wrist I think? Or you could just carry it in your bag.

I wanted to keep it very plain and simple, not too jewelry-ish if you know what I mean. I especially don't like fiddly necklace clasps!

retrokat

jeseryn said:
Also my bag is beautiful but it has a slice down the center for some reason that I'm afraid is going to split open. Do you sell the bags seperately?

Hmm, it must have got damaged in transit somehow. Happy to replace the bag, PM or email me or Leisa.

All Is One

Am I the only one who received an extra "From The Author" card? I doubt that....

And am I the only one who is keeping it in her deck?

Not the one with the signature and deck number, but the extra blank one.

I am not quite ready to tell about what I'm using it to significate yet, and maybe I never will....

Just wondering if anyone had decided to keep theirs?

Oh, and how many are keeping the Hapy Squirrel card in their deck?

What meaning do you all use for it?

I'm not telling unless you all go first ;~)