Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

tarotberry

yay! #311 is safe in my little hands! :)

i studied art history in college and have had a marvelous time going through the deck this afternoon. some faces popped right out - "mousy" anne of cleves, erasmus, the venus from 'sacred and profane love' - and others are just teasing me. they're hinting, whispering...almost taunting me because it's been TEN years since i took northern renaissance art! i'm looking forward to the companion book but will enjoying the puzzle of who these people are in the meantime. (you're next page of cups...i KNOW i've seen you....)

thanks for the beautiful, wonderfully sized deck! :*

lastly, i love my little baggie...i'm feeling rather lucky as i got the brown suedey one and i am rather a brown person. black's just not my color, you know? :) so...it's perfect all around!

those incense cones smell divine too. would it be impolite if i stuck them up my nose to enjoy them more thoroughly? :p

tarotberry

tarotberry said:
(you're next page of cups...i KNOW i've seen you....)

ha! page of cups you are holbein's Georg Gisz. foooooooooound you!!!

and, i quoted myself in the process. there's a certain amount of awesomeness in that, i think. :p

jeseryn

raised type? Did I miss something?

I'm looking at mine 280/500 and I don't really see anything raised. Peculiar

Silverlotus

Look at it in the light, and you can see that certain areas seem raised. If you have sensitive fingers, run them over the cards and you may be able to feel it too.

Essjay

stargazer said:
Essjay,
Leisa has just mailed me to say that the order could take upto 3 weeks to reach the UK. So no need to panic yet!
Will post to let you know when mine arrives.

Angie x

Lol, I also emailed today! Leisa has been dealing with panicking uk ATers all day! Thank you Angie, I'll also post to let you know when mine gets here.

:)

faunabay

I got notice that my package shipped today. So I guess I was pushing it a bit thinking it might show up today, huh? LOL :laugh:

faunabay

tarotberry said:
those incense cones smell divine too. would it be impolite if i stuck them up my nose to enjoy them more thoroughly? :p
ROFLMAO!!! I just caught your this. Didn't see it at first! I say go for it!!! :p

tarotberry

faunabay said:
ROFLMAO!!! I just caught your this. Didn't see it at first! I say go for it!!! :p

well what do you think i've been doing this past hour?!? :D

ETA: actutally, i've been playing "portrait bingo" with my new friends in the cards. i've got 13 positive portrait/artist IDs so far...kat, you saucy minx, you mixed a head and a body on the eight of coins... :p

sometimes, it's good to be temporarily unemployed. it leaves time for "projects..."

All Is One

I Definitely Do Feel It

Silverlotus said:
Look at it in the light, and you can see that certain areas seem raised. If you have sensitive fingers, run them over the cards and you may be able to feel it too.

I could see the raised type, but I hadn't even thought of touching it. I can certainly and easily feel it.

That DOES it.

I have to have another copy. Wish I could afford to buy a few extras to give as gifts. This LE deck would be a perfect gift for sveral people I know...and for my sister who hasn't held a deck since our youth when we messed around with the RWS.

Silverlotus....you broke this camel's back!

Kimber

colleenh86 said:
Yes! :D

I am in the same position. What if something happened to the one I have?!

Or what if I somehow lose a card and am stuck with an incomplete deck? Gaah! I can't stand it!

;)

I bought two.....

heh heh heh!!!

BTW, I've just received the Quantum as done by Kunati, and it is really beautifully done - good quality card stock and packaged in a beautiful box with a meaty lwb - and the shiny edges are tooooobular!!!!

Now, just relax...and stare into my eyes...repeat after me....Must....have....spare!!!