Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

All Is One

Ya Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do

Me too. Everything that Kimber said, except that I have not bought my second LE yet. I'm going to cook the books this evening and see what I've got to work with before the first of the month.

Also going to make a large donation to help the Katrina victims. Not decided how much or to whom, exactly. But trying to do it within next three days from tomorrow.

Buying another copy of the LE feels like such an indulgence, but someone famous said "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do."

Wonder who said that?

Maybe it was me, and I'm confused again.

Kimber

tarotberry said:
ha! page of cups you are holbein's Georg Gisz. foooooooooound you!!!

and, i quoted myself in the process. there's a certain amount of awesomeness in that, i think. :p

And was this feat accomplished with, or without, said incense cones up your nose?

Kimber

tarotberry said:
yay! #311 is safe in my little hands! :)

i studied art history in college and have had a marvelous time going through the deck this afternoon. some faces popped right out - "mousy" anne of cleves, erasmus, the venus from 'sacred and profane love' - and others are just teasing me. they're hinting, whispering...almost taunting me because it's been TEN years since i took northern renaissance art! i'm looking forward to the companion book but will enjoying the puzzle of who these people are in the meantime. (you're next page of cups...i KNOW i've seen you....)
:p

I'd be interested to see where we agree and disagree on certain faces in the cards. I'm not an art history major, but I'm a sucker for All Things Tudor and Stuart! I posted a list of cards earlier in this thread and attempted to identify some faces - take a look and let's compare notes!!!

retrokat

tarotberry said:
kat, you saucy minx, you mixed a head and a body on the eight of coins... :p

I've done a lot of that! I have a bit of a thing for the fabrics and costumes of the era, which is reflected in the colours and feel of each suit - but because the "casting" of the faces was so important, often the best face wasn't on the best body. So, like Golden - the cut n paste kid strikes again!

retrokat

Kimber said:
I posted a list of cards earlier in this thread and attempted to identify some faces - take a look and let's compare notes!!!

It's much more fun to tease you guys than to tell you outright :p

So... the first person to be assassinated with a firearm is in the deck. Any guesses?

roppo

retrokat said:
It's much more fun to tease you guys than to tell you outright :p

So... the first person to be assassinated with a firearm is in the deck. Any guesses?

The Knight of Swords, William the Silent?

I'm now making a wooden box for my #236 deck. There're many ways of enjoying a great work of art.

Seeking1

I have several degrees in Art History and my lips are sealed!!!!

Erzebet

roppo said:
The Knight of Swords, William the Silent?

I'm now making a wooden box for my #236 deck. There're many ways of enjoying a great work of art.

The Knight of Swords is one of my very favorites in the Touchstone! Is he William the Silent? The Wiki article on him said "According to British historian of science Lisa Jardine, he is reputed to be the first world head of state assassinated through use of a handgun." So perhaps not the first person assassinated with a handgun?

About a week ago I drew a card to maybe shed some light on why I was having a hard time connecting with it. You'll of course never guess what I drew? The Happy Squirrel of course! :laugh: }) I took it to mean I was trying too hard, needed to lighten up and take this deck more in a whimsical way. So I put it away for a week and took it out yesterday. I have to say it's really talking now and that connection is there! Very happy and stoked about that.

I did finally notice the raised printing effect. How unusual! I can feel it too. Certain cards have more of it being noticeable than others. On the Happy Squirrel the effect is very pronounced! ;)

GryffinSong

Well, I've done it. I'm joined the ranks of you who've ordered the limited edition. I swore I'd wait for the mass market edition, but this edition just sounded so very special that I broke down and spent the extra for it. Now I'd REALLY better tighten my belt on other things!!! LOL

Can't wait!!! :D

All Is One

Retro Tease

The Retro Kat Herself...Her Majesty...The Retro Kat said:
It's much more fun to tease you guys than to tell you outright

It appears that Kat Black is a tease.

Please do not PM me about this...I will not reveal any information I might have and I refuse to spread lies.

{I have not earned that sort of fun...yet}