Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Essjay

((((All Is One))))

Thank you!

I'm sure it's just around the corner. Your little sister is very lucky, it's a really thoughtful gift.

:)

stargazer

Essjay,

was sure you would get yours today too!
Hope it's waiting for you in the morning.

Essjay

stargazer said:
Essjay,

was sure you would get yours today too!
Hope it's waiting for you in the morning.

Our post has been a bit funny here for weeks - we had no delivery at all yesterday.

Fingers crossed for today!

Eta: It's here (well, waiting for me at the Post Office) yay!

:)

All Is One

People....don't forget to give your post-people flowers and a tip at holidays.

I forgot for years.

And you can imagine the results!!!!

Erzebet

All Is One said:
People....don't forget to give your post people flowers and a tip at holidays.

I forgot for years.

And you can imagine the reaults.

I never have the same postman everyday! The service is bad and sporadic in this area. If they deserved it I certainly would tip ;). The UPS girl is great though and I've baked her cookies and other things for special occasions.

I'm very happy to report that the Touchstone is now talking nonstop, she even sings at times! I believe as it's different sort of deck I was approaching it all wrong. I've never used a portrait deck before, once I got the hang of it, the floodgates are open! :D

MoonGypsy

All Is One said:
People....don't forget to give your post people flowers and a tip at holidays.

I forgot for years.

And you can imagine the reaults.

Our postal lady is my husband's boss's mother!!!!!:laugh:
MGxxx

faunabay

Erzebet said:
I'm very happy to report that the Touchstone is now talking nonstop, she even sings at times! I believe as it's different sort of deck I was approaching it all wrong. I've never used a portrait deck before, once I got the hang of it, the floodgates are open! :D
That's what happened with me too. When I first looked at the cards I didn't seem to see anything. Which of course made sense after I realized I had to go at this deck differently. Once I figured that out they just talk and talk and talk. :)

Kimber

faunabay said:
That's what happened with me too. When I first looked at the cards I didn't seem to see anything. Which of course made sense after I realized I had to go at this deck differently. Once I figured that out they just talk and talk and talk. :)

Maybe this isn't the right place to mention this, because it's kind of a tangent from the Touchstone thread (moderators, please move if I have offended the Moderating Gods.) :c)

It is difficult to create a "portrait" deck that speaks - which Kat has undeniably achieved. I created such a deck several years ago, using the artwork of Susan Seddon Boulet...which I was unable to obtain authorization to publish, and which was also reviewed by two of the tarot people whose opinions I respect the most. Both said the cards were too "static". I think Kat has most decidedly proved that portrait decks *can* speak multitudes!

All Is One

Art decks, Reading decks, Spell decks...hmmm.

Kimber said:
Maybe this isn't the right place to mention this, because it's kind of a tangent from the Touchstone thread (moderators, please move if I have offended the Moderating Gods.) :c)

It is difficult to create a "portrait" deck that speaks - which Kat has undeniably achieved. I created such a deck several years ago, using the artwork of Susan Seddon Boulet...which I was unable to obtain authorization to publish, and which was also reviewed by two of the tarot people whose opinions I respect the most. Both said the cards were too "static". I think Kat has most decidedly proved that portrait decks *can* speak multitudes!

I love Susan Siddon Boulet.

What a great idea.....sadly, it would be much easier to make the deck you were trying to make....if she had been dead a long long long time.

I wonder how the Golden by Klimpt was made legally?

I can't read with that Golden or with Kat's.

Probably because I never tried to read with them or shuffle them.

They are art decks.

The Touchstone is both art and a rambling, gossipy, velvety friend of mine.

Who can also cast spells without my help.

(Still trying to catch up after this afternoon...)

faunabay

I realized I wouldn't 'see' anything in these cards. I had to 'listen'! Once I figured that out, boy do they talk!!