Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

All Is One

Leisa said:
This deck has been a very difficult child and may be the last one I take on.

I surely hope not! Once the madness has ceased, maybe you'll take some time off for awhile and things will look different.

We really appreciate how hard you have worked to get this done, and we love you, Leisa!

ETA: I can see that it's been a difficult child, but it's made many of us very happy.....

Difficult and successful, would that be fair to say?

Seeking1

Leisa said:

I for one appreciate all the work involved in the production of this deck!

retrokat

Leisa said:

Makes me sad.

Alta

Leisa said:
I am sorry to hear you say that Leisa. Personally I have been so glad to have the Alchemical: renewed, Tarot of the Crone and the Touchstone and couldn't have without you.

Erzebet

All Is One said:
Thanks! I almost think I get it now! Are you saying that any deck that featured that view of the characters in the deck, whether it was the Voyager type of deck or the Hello Kitty deck, would be referred to as a "Portrait Deck" due to the way it "portrayed" the characters?

I did say I'm the slowest one around here, did I not? :p

Not the way I understand the term portrait. It's not an insult or limiting term IMO. What that term means to me is the vast majority are paintings of people that are pretty static, they're not "doing anything". Their faces are immensely expressive and the way their posed says alot. They look like they sat or stood for their portrait to be painted in most of the cards. That's why many are saying they were looking at the cards for messages but needed to be listening. These cards aren't action orientated.

faunabay

Erzebet said:
Not the way I understand the term portrait. It's not an insult or limiting term IMO. What that term means to me is the vast majority are paintings of people that are pretty static, they're not "doing anything". Their faces are immensely expressive and the way their posed says alot. They look like they sat or stood for their portrait to be painted in most of the cards. That's why many are saying they were looking at the cards for messages but needed to be listening. These cards aren't action orientated.
Very well said Erzebet! That's exactly what I'm finding with this deck.

Quester

Leisa said:

I am so very grateful that you did take this project on Leisa! I LOVE my two copies of Touchstone! :)

BodhiSeed

Leisa said:
But it is such a beautiful, wonderful deck...
And the others, like the amazing Alchemical...
It would be a shame if there was no one to birth any more of these extraordinary decks...

MoonGypsy

leisa said:

retrokat said:
Makes me sad.

Oh Leisa and Kat! Please don't feel sad or bad! You both are making soooo many people happy! i for one! Leisa, the Tarot of the Crone and the Touchstone are 2 of the crown jewels in my collection...they feel like intimate friends. i know this has been a tremendous amount of work with tons of challenges...but hopefully, the rewards will outweigh all the sweat and tears. We appreciate everything you do more than mere words could ever begin to express...
The Touchstone limited edition package is the most beautiful tarot package i personally have ever seen...:love:
Brightest Blessings from the :heart: of
MoonGypsyxxx

stargazer

Kat and Leisa,

I agree whole-heartedly with everything MoonGypsy has said.
Touchstone tarot is something very special indeed and something that I will always treasure.

I for one am Very Happy!

Love and best wishes

Angie x