Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

BodhiSeed

If you looked up "Excellent Customer Service" in the World Book Encyclopedia, I'm sure Leisa's picture would be there - that is one wondrous woman!

I spent an hour going through my Touchstone today; I cannot begin to tell you how delighted I am with this deck! Kat, I just don't have adequate words to describe its beauty! Luscious and lovely, with portraits you feel like will step right out of the card and introduce themselves. I can't wait to spend more time with each card, and listen to the secrets they will whisper to me. For those who are on the fence about this edition of the Touchstone, don't wait! Get it now! I just cannot imagine anyone would be disappointed with this masterpiece of Kat's!

All Is One

bodhran said:
If you looked up "Excellent Customer Service" in the World Book Encyclopedia, I'm sure Leisa's picture would be there - that is one wondrous woman!

I spent an hour going through my Touchstone today; I cannot begin to tell you how delighted I am with this deck! Kat, I just don't have adequate words to describe its beauty! Luscious and lovely, with portraits you feel like will step right out of the card and introduce themselves. I can't wait to spend more time with each card, and listen to the secrets they will whisper to me. For those who are on the fence about this edition of the Touchstone, don't wait! Get it now! I just cannot imagine anyone would be disappointed with this masterpiece of Kat's!

Right on!

Skimo

I have received mine today. I am waiting for this evening to have a small discussion with it.

All Is One

Congratulations, Skimo!

Well, I hope you'll share some of what you discover, as most on here seem to be keeping things rather close to the vest :) :) :)

stargazer

I keep hoping that someone will start up a study group?
Then I’m sure that we will all have plenty to say, ;)

All Is One

Study Group Any One??

Stargazer, that's a great idea. I've never even joined a study group on AT much less started one.

Maybe you should do it?

I'm in over my head with an I Ching Study Group that I'm doing with Foucault and Lexie and a few others on here but we're doing it on FB.

Since I'm not keeping up my reading on that group, I would hesitate to start a study group on anything else.

But I will join a study on the Touchstone if someone will start it.

Any takers?

All Is One

For some reason, even though I thought I had read the review of the TT on AT, I missed out on one key part, which is the explanation of the Happy Squirrel card.

I thought it might be helpful to paste it in here, in case (like me) any of you missed it.

"Before I go into the cards, I am going to make good on my promise to tell you about the second “additional” card included with this deck (the first being the signed, numbered card). Kat has included a very iconoclastic card entitled the Happy Squirrel. I believe that I may well be the only person on the planet who did not realize that this comes from an episode of the Simpson’s where the daughter (Lisa) gets a reading from a Tarot reader. Thanks to Kat I now know that the reader drew the card of death (which was immediately explained away as a “card of transition”, followed by a card entitled the Happy Squirrel – which Lisa saw as “cute”, but the reader saw as having dire portent! The short video version that I saw was screamingly funny! Kat’s Happy Squirrel shows a reader, done up in a turban, holding one of the Seeker’s hands in her hands. The reader and the Seeker seem to have the same exact face, which just adds to the merriment, while on the table in front of them a bushy tailed squirrel gazes into a crystal ball. I adore this card, and had the (persistent) stray thought that this card could be well used as a significator card, for those that read with them. It would certainly add a touch or humor, and whimsy, to a reading!"

I loved the card already, but the story behind it makes it even better!

I also need to say that the scans of this deck shown here do not go anywhere near doing justice to the deck.

The website has better scans!

stargazer

Hi All Is One,

thanks for the encouragement.
I will start a new thread to see if anyone else is interested and then read up on how to go about it, as I am pretty new here and am not quite sure how it works!

stargazer

There! I have gone and done it!

My Touchstone told me that I would be starting something new!
We will wait and see.

I also love the Happy Squirrel and he always seems to turn up just when you need him!

Am loving this deck :D

flying black kat

hanging out with the crew in the trees

Dear Stargazer:

I will join your Touthstone Tarot study group. How about the Happy Squirrel
card being on the list of cards to study.

Be at Peace

Kat