Hermit as "my love for him"

kika_meow

Being in love with the Hermit is like being in love with your Priest.....their love is remote (they are untouchable) and altruistic.. it is a fantasy.....kind of like a transference with your therapist.

Thank you! This is oh so very true. Love as a fantasy, which kind of relates to the "a love that I experience alone" in my interpretation.

kika_meow

Loneliness is you want to socialize, and there is no one to socialize with. Solitude is you want to curl up and dive into a book (or paint, or garden, or just enjoy an evening with your cat), and not be disturbed by anyone.

Nor is the Hermit about the past. The Hermit takes his lantern and goes forth into the future. He travels down roads untraveled, shedding his light into dark places and de-mystifying them ;)

Thank you Thirteen! First, for clarifying the difference in a simple vocabulary use, it's true, the Hermit is about solitude, not loneliness. I still think that it's a little bit about the past, since it's looking to the left... but is, as you say, a look into the past that allows you to see into the future, kind of like learning from it to develop and make better decisions in the future.

What does this say about your love for him? I think it's very powerful and strong. Your love for him wants to get him (and you) away from the madding crowd, as it were. Not texted about, not appearing on anyone's social media page. It maybe bothers you to see him being asked stupid (prying) questions by others--and it bothers you if you're asked stupid (prying) questions about him. Your love for him is so strong, and so focused that all you want is to be alone with him, so you can really get to know him.

You don't want to "own him" (that'd be 4/Pents)...but you want time with him to yourself, just the two of you. So you can find out what is true and real.

You got me on this one, I definitely don't want to own him, just to be with him, alone, once in a while. Reading your interpretations was very revealing to me... because, yes, I could have gotten any other card, but I got a major arcana and I got THIS card, which my be talking about a love that wants to get away from the noise and the social life to allow us to look inside each other.

kika_meow

Yo, Kika, remember as per our rules: If you name a card, you must interpret it. Could you please tell us what you think this 4/Wand means for "his love"?

Thank you,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

Sorry! I already edited the main post to follow the rules.

kika_meow

I wonder too if it could mean that something about relating to him makes you go deeper and deeper within yourself? In the sense that in relating to him/having relationship with him, he teaches you things about yourself or makes you become more self aware somehow? He lights a candle in your inner darkness or your inner mysteries?

I have drawn this as well for a guy I love and whenever I think of him it feels as if my insides light up (like with the Hermit's lamp). It is a joy.

Does this resonate at all?

Alma

It does! Thanks. Actually I recently made a spread asking about a novel that I'm writing, and this guy came out to the picture and I pulled the Hermit again. But with that tarot reading I learned that he's like the fuel of my novel and even though our love will happen or not, his very existence in my life is helping me to know myself better, he's inspiring me.

kika_meow

Have you seen this iPhone ad?

It's a spiritual journey, and like the Fool, he goes where the spirit moves him. But unlike the Fool, he see everything, in detail, and in ways no one else has. Have you had nights like that, where it seems like there's a lantern in your hand making you see things like you never did before? Beautiful, intriguing, fascinating things? Things you want to remember, and ponder? Things that change how you think about, well, everything? This is the Hermit. In this case, with a camera phone for his lantern. :)

Thank you for the graphic example of the Hermit! It does help to relate the tarot cards with every person that we encounter in life, that way we get more familiar with the archetypes.

As I was replying to the post from almalibrarian01, this guy I'm in love wiht, is inspiring me to write a novel. Is kind of an impossible love, but still, he's teaching me a lesson with his very own existence in my life. I guess this is what I learned today about the Hermit thanks to all of your posts, people!

almalibrarian01

It does! Thanks. Actually I recently made a spread asking about a novel that I'm writing, and this guy came out to the picture and I pulled the Hermit again. But with that tarot reading I learned that he's like the fuel of my novel and even though our love will happen or not, his very existence in my life is helping me to know myself better, he's inspiring me.

That's beautiful! :) it sounds like he is your muse. It's a blessing to come across people like that in our lives. <3

EnchantedOne

Kika I left a response to you on page 1, I would appreciate any feedback you may have. Just trying to understand this card better and feel your thoughts would be helpful.