2 of Wands crossed by Universe

Ruby Jewel

Using Rider Waite deck, I drew the 2 of Wands crossed by the World, and the 4 of Pentacles as the outcome in a Celtic Cross reading. I see the 2 of Wands as taking control of the elements in my life and the Universe, which is karmic destiny, as an obstacle that obstructs my thinking process. The final card, 4 of Pentacles as stabilization of the elements in my life. I'm somewhat skeptical of my own interpretation here and would love to hear how others would interpret this. Thanks ever so much.

Rachx

Hi Ruby, I'm not sure what deck you are using is universe like "world"? If so, could this be about travel? Making a decision to stay put - like the wand screwed to the castle wall in the two wands or make a move into the out there.. the unknown? Like the other wand- free to move and to travel Maybe travel because it's crossed with "universe" is there a parallel between the world in the two wands mans hands and the world/universe its crossed with? I am just going with RWS imagery so may be way out!
The 4 pents speaks to me that you want to hang onto what you know and what makes you feel safe - maybe why the world is crossing you. It's maybe saying that you can't control everything and to loosen and let go a
Little - be like the free unbound wand in the two and go travel. I'm sorry if I am way off - just going with RWS ! X

Ruby Jewel

Hi Ruby, I'm not sure what deck you are using is universe like "world"? If so, could this be about travel? Making a decision to stay put - like the wand screwed to the castle wall in the two wands or make a move into the out there.. the unknown? Like the other wand- free to move and to travel Maybe travel because it's crossed with "universe" is there a parallel between the world in the two wands mans hands and the world/universe its crossed with? I am just going with RWS imagery so may be way out!
The 4 pents speaks to me that you want to hang onto what you know and what makes you feel safe - maybe why the world is crossing you. It's maybe saying that you can't control everything and to loosen and let go a
Little - be like the free unbound wand in the two and go travel. I'm sorry if I am way off - just going with RWS ! X

Yes, thanks. It is Rider Waite, and I do mean The World card. I corrected original post. That is a really interesting observation you made between the World card and the world the man holds in the 2 of Wands. I think what you are saying is relevant. It is like being unwilling to experience the World, and the outcome of 4 of Pentacles saying to let go of the control....and take a chance. I will take another look at these cards from this perspective....

headincloud

2 of Wands, World, 4 Pentacles

They may suggest as a whole that you are moving towards completing a major cycle where fulfilment and success will be yours in the world, the 2W may indicate a period of waiting and/or negotiations going on around this. Are you considering a venture but there are obstacles because the 4P may suggest a blockage or that you're not open enough to change.

wheelie

...That is a really interesting observation you made between the World card and the world the man holds in the 2 of Wands. .....

The crossing card really wants to expand on the meaning, clarifying the calling of the 2 of Wands. The globe the figure holds comes to represent something more transcendental!

Ruby Jewel

2 of Wands, World, 4 Pentacles

They may suggest as a whole that you are moving towards completing a major cycle where fulfilment and success will be yours in the world, the 2W may indicate a period of waiting and/or negotiations going on around this. Are you considering a venture but there are obstacles because the 4P may suggest a blockage or that you're not open enough to change.

Sorry I took so long to get back here...been away for awhile. Your interpretation here is pretty darn awesome. I have been putting my life on hold for awhile...playing flirty little games that I'm tiring of. Perhaps that is the 4 of Pentacles and I'm taking a serious look at it in the 2 of Wands....I feel I'm hanging on the precipice of closing the book on my past and becoming the Fool.

Ruby Jewel

The crossing card really wants to expand on the meaning, clarifying the calling of the 2 of Wands. The globe the figure holds comes to represent something more transcendental!

I like your idea of using the crossing card as a clarifier. I have never been comfortable trying to figure out its function as an obstacle, or even a challenge. Maybe what I'm looking at in the 2 of Wands is the conclusion of a life cycle and thinking of jumping off the cliff....but the 4 of Pentacles is saying..."sit tight just awhile longer." As a fire sign, my strong suit is definitely not patience and perseverence, so I have to make the effort to contain that fire energy.

wheelie

I feel like you nailed right there, Ruby!
That interpretation seems solid and honest!

Ruby Jewel

I feel like you nailed right there, Ruby!
That interpretation seems solid and honest!

Thank you Wheelie. I think I needed to have that confirmed.