New Lenormand Deck with an Old Look

seven stars

ordering one next week! As with anything you make - beautiful... :)

btw, Seven Stars, can you say a bit more about the poem inserts you wrote - maybe give a few examples? I saw them on your etsy store site...but only one card was shown, the ship, I think...

ya there really wasn't enough room in Etsy for pix. Here are the poems - originally I kind of was hoping people in here would throw out some cute little rhyme ideas, especially since I'm not a Lenormand reader. I DID do my research, however, & kind of got the gist of it I think. After seeing Ladybird's deck I feel like I need to step up my game - omg, her cards are gorgeous - with boxes & books....I'm still very new to this, you guys.

Attachments

• Lenormand Poems 1 thru 19.jpg
    Lenormand Poems 1 thru 19.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Poems 20 thru 36.jpg
    Poems 20 thru 36.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 129
  • poem ad 2.jpg
    poem ad 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 140
  • POEM AD.jpg
    POEM AD.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 135

Padma

thanks, Seven Stars! :) Those are really well done - love 'em! Good job on the poems!

Ladybird's deck is absolutely lovely, too...I will get around to getting that one as well, lol!
Too many beautiful decks, and so little money :( *sigh* One at a time, I guess! lol!

Melia

After seeing Ladybird's deck I feel like I need to step up my game - omg, her cards are gorgeous - with boxes & books....I'm still very new to this, you guys.

I'm not sure about others, but I don't much care about the boxes and white booklets with Lenormand decks. That's all nice, but not critical. It's ALL about the cards (for me). Don't sell yourself short.

greatdane

I agree with Melia

While there are many lovely decks out there, a book, an lwb, the box doesn't mean that much to me. I generally put my decks in cases anyway and then have this stack of boxes and sometimes I don't even keep the box. Most of us read the way we read, and while an lwb or book may be handy for some, and there are some good ones, there have only been a couple that interested me (Place's book for his Vampire tarot was interesting and I liked Anna. K's booklet). For me, it's ALL about the deck.

So just do what you do, sevenstars, because it obviously works. :)

seven stars

Thank you - not fishing for compliments I really love her work - like I said if I read Lenormand that's exactly what I'd want in a deck, it's not cutesy or amature or dated or too modern. The combination of the backs & interesting choices for pictures - & the box just makes for a nice presentation. A n y w a y ...ya. Back to work.

BTW I started including a few extra blank cards with the decks, I don't really know what kind of markers will *stick* to these but I heard some Lenormand readers like a few extra blank cards. Should I have left the numbers off of them? This is probably really trivial. Ignore the squared corners they're just from my graphics, the cards come with rounded edges.

Attachments

• blanks.jpg
    blanks.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 151

greatdane

Everyone has their own niche, SevenStars :)

One can love different kinds of decks, but there is room for all. Anyone who makes a quality deck of some kind has a following here :). You and Ladybird both make lovely decks and I know you will both just get more and more successful!

Melia

BTW I started including a few extra blank cards with the decks, I don't really know what kind of markers will *stick* to these but I heard some Lenormand readers like a few extra blank cards. Should I have left the numbers off of them? This is probably really trivial. Ignore the squared corners they're just from my graphics, the cards come with rounded edges.

Blank cards ... good idea. I personally like the numbers - if you're doing the grand tableau spread the numbers would come in handy. And, if you're using at least 2 of the blank cards, you need to be able to distinguish between the 2 cards.

MoonGypsy

i have received my fabulous Vintage Altenburger Lenormand, and what a
fantastic job you did, Seven S! Your own art so perfectly blends with the original [where you did "cosmetic surgery"] that it is seamless! And you left enough of the vintage wear and tear to truly add to it's vintage/antique appeal. [Like my beloved favorite--Deck of the Bastard]. i am so pleased! :*

P.S. You have a PM/email. :)

Asher

...what a fantastic job you did, Seven S! Your own art so perfectly blends with the original [where you did "cosmetic surgery"] that it is seamless! And you left enough of the vintage wear and tear to truly add to it's vintage/antique appeal.

I'm in complete agreement with MoonGypsy!! This is quickly becoming my favorite vintage/antique deck! It looks 150 years old! It's great to read with and looks wonderful on the table. Great job on this one, Seven Stars!!

ladybird

ya there really wasn't enough room in Etsy for pix. Here are the poems - originally I kind of was hoping people in here would throw out some cute little rhyme ideas, especially since I'm not a Lenormand reader. I DID do my research, however, & kind of got the gist of it I think. After seeing Ladybird's deck I feel like I need to step up my game - omg, her cards are gorgeous - with boxes & books....I'm still very new to this, you guys.

This is such a compliment coming from you, Seven Stars!! :heart: But I have to say that my second edition isn't even coming with that box or LWB anymore. ;) I have my Extended LWB on my website and the cards are now coming in a black satin bag and a plastic playing card box with a title card. Just saying that I agree with others, not necessary to have a box and booklet unless you are going to sell them in a store. I was going to sell mine in my friend's shop and I think the box & LWB would be appropriate in that situation.

I find myself also putting my decks in something other than the boxes they came in. I much prefer the Lenormands that come in their own baggie, like the Game of Hope Lenormand's velvet bag, so I don't have to keep track of the boxes. I find that I keep those silly boxes anyway and they start to stack up empty in a drawer "just in case". :p

I'm really looking forward to your cards! They have such a pretty aesthetic! The poetry is lovely too. I think you did a fantastic job with those, not knowing Lenormand, like you said.

I'll let you know when I get them.