second horary sitter for practice

Eva4

CLOSED

I'm offering another horary reading for practice. Please bear with me as I am new to this type of reading. Any question is fine. Please sit if you can follow the rules. I am only taking 1 sitter, so please no extra sitters.

RULES:
1. Be patient. This reading won't be immediate, but take a day (or three).
2. Please leave feedback. If you are more experienced in horary, then I welcome any possible meanings or suggestions.
3. Open, respectful attitude in the thread.

I will provide a link to the chart with your reading.

P.S. l use the sidereal zodiac.

Thanks.

Sitter:
soot

soot

Hi! May I sit? I'm mostly clueless about horary though so I understand if you would prefer someone with more experience

Eva4

If you can leave detailed feedback in a reasonable amount of time (within a week of the reading being posted), I see no problem with taking you as a sitter. Please leave your question if you agree to the terms. :)

soot

I have no problems leaving extensive feedback 😊

I'll be graduating later this year and I want to know what path I should take after that. I am thinking of working abroad to gain more experience but I feel a strong calling to work locally. So, the question is, should I try to get a job abroad?

ETA: Because of the nature of the question, I'm not quite sure if any feedback I can provide in the foreseeable future will be of use to you (read: I can't tell you how accurate you are), since I have to wait until I graduate before applying for a job and even then, it might be a long while before I actually get a job. If you're looking to read more immediate events, I can ask a different question. Just let me know! Thanks

Eva4

I have no problems leaving extensive feedback 😊

I'll be graduating in August this year and I want to know what path I should take after that. I am thinking of working abroad to gain more experience but I feel a strong calling to work locally. So, the question is, should I try to get a job abroad? (specifically looking at Australia because that's where my brother is right now)

ETA: Because of the nature of the question, I'm not quite sure if any feedback I can provide in the foreseeable future will be of use to you (read: I can't tell you how accurate you are), since I have to wait until I graduate before applying for a job and even then, it might be a long while before I actually get a job. If you're looking to read more immediate events, I can ask a different question. Just let me know! Thanks

Hi, thanks for letting me know about the nature of your question. It does definitely help me let others know what kinds of questions I'm looking for. I do apologize for not specifying this in the rules, but I would prefer to read on a topic that you can give feedback on currently and/or within a week's time. This can be a prediction question or a question you may find the outcome to in time but that you have a moderate-to-strong suspicion about. Thanks again.

soot

Hi, thanks for letting me know about the nature of your question. It does definitely help me let others know what kinds of questions I'm looking for. I do apologize for not specifying this in the rules, but I would prefer to read on a topic that you can give feedback on currently and/or within a week's time. This can be a prediction question or a question you may find the outcome to in time but that you have a moderate-to-strong suspicion about. Thanks again.

Sure!

I have 2 professors in my current posting, R and V. R is my direct supervisor, but V's input matters as well for my final grades. So far, I've been getting on V's wrong side repeatedly even though I work just as hard as others. Will I be able to leave a good impression on him before my posting ends next week?

Eva4

Sure!

I have 2 professors in my current posting, R and V. R is my direct supervisor, but V's input matters as well for my final grades. So far, I've been getting on V's wrong side repeatedly even though I work just as hard as others. Will I be able to leave a good impression on him before my posting ends next week?

I forgot to mention, thank you for being willing to change your question.

Ok, so this sounds good. I will be drawing up the chart soon and have this reading to you some time over the weekend. Thanks!

soot

I forgot to mention, thank you for being willing to change your question.

Ok, so this sounds good. I will be drawing up the chart soon and have this reading to you some time over the weekend. Thanks!
Ah... nonono. Actually this was kind of the burning question for me, but I figured that rationally speaking, I should be more concerned about my long term future than my short term one 😂

Thank you for your time.

Let me know if you need more info or anything

Eva4

your reading

I realize this is an extensive post. It's because I am new to the practice, and "thinking out loud" is what I feel comfortable with right now. Please excuse the wordiness! Now, onto your reading.

You can view the chart here: http://i.imgur.com/3qdxgDG.gif

ASC at Taurus 13 degrees 58 minutes.

With the above information, you're ruled by Venus, or its more sensual side. This means you are driven by and enjoy the senses - smell, touch, taste, sight, comfort in physical forms, etc. For example, you delight in the taste of good food as opposed to wanting to socialize like the Librian side of Venus. Here, Venus also represents its corresponding house, the 2nd house, which is indicator of money and movable possessions (with which your job performance depends).

So if you're Venus, where does Venus sit in the chart?

Venus = Pisces (exalted), retrograde, 11th house
Venus conjunct Sun (and Chiron)

Your co-significator, the moon, sits in Capricorn, 9th house
Midheaven also lands in Capricorn (beginning of the 10th or career house)

2nd House = money
Gemini = 2nd House (Mercury, dinural)
Mecury conjunct Sun
Moon opposition 2nd House

Since you are concerned with whether you're going to make a good impression on your supervisor, I have also paid close to attention to the 7th, 10th, and 11th houses. Mainly, the 7th and 11th houses have to do with your question in relationship to your supervisor because he or she is represented by the 7th and 11th houses. Please keep in mind that I have not used whole sign houses, as I believe it takes away from the accuracy of the chart.

7th House = Saturn in Sagittarius (Sagittarius/Scorpio) opposing 1st House
11th House = Sun conjunct Venus rx (exalted in Pisces), Chiron; Mecury (fall in Pisces) conjunct Uranus (opposing Jupiter rx in 5th house, Virgo)
10th House = Neptune in Aquarius (Capricorn/Aquarius)

Because the 11th house represents the boss' "right-hand" and has the most activity (planets), I am going to focus on this house first. In my experiences with horary reading so far, the sun sits in the house or sign that represents the question or person having to do with the question. Pisces is the sign that occupies this house. The sun here can be quite opposite to the Sun in Aries, having the qualities of selflessness.

Because Pisces has such dissociation with self, I have come to two conclusions. First, at the very most, it could mean that your supervisor may not have the full picture of whether or not you're going to make a good employee. They may be "in the dark" about you. At the least, they may not be sure about one part or period of how you're doing and will do concerning this job. Perhaps, they are in the dark about themselves and this is why they may be unsure (and fearful) of what's least understood about the situation. In other words, they may be projecting their lack of sense of self onto you. Interestingly, Mercury sits here as well. While Mercury may not always "fall" in Pisces, it can cause issues with judgment or discernment. So there could be issues with assessing the value of something as well as communication. With communication, for example, too much small talk can distract to the point of making critical errors, while assessing the value of something may not be judged by practical criteria or hard evidence. So your supervisor may not have all the facts (evidence) about judging your performance and/or they may feel that impractical communication, such as small talk or "dreams" in some way is hindering performance, either with themselves or you. Furthermore, Pisces can represent high ideals, and so the criteria with which your supervisor may be measuring your performance may not be practical or within reason.

Second, you could be the one who is "in the dark" about your supervisor and may not "get" him or her which is obviously the case in the nature of your question.

Venus, which is represented by you, sits in the 11th as well, and she is retrograde. According to Frawley, retrogrades are not so great in horary practice unless they represent the resurfacing of a situation or person. Going back to the Sun and Mercury in Pisces, faulty judgement and not knowing of the self may be what your supervisor will judge your performance by. They may feel you may not be in touch about what the job requires of you. You may be too much of a dreamer, thinking things will come to you or fall into your lap, instead of considering the reality of the situation and taking the necessary assertive actions and practical applications needed for your success. In other words, they may feel you are disconnected from them and the job.

What's ironic is that the significators that represent you are in pragmatic signs. The ascendant sits in Taurus, and the moon, your co-significator, sits in Capricorn, another pragmatic sign, being at the midheaven (career). This makes the chart lean towards a positive outcome, and that it is you who may not understand your supervisor. It is my understanding that the moon drives the chart and significantly influences the answer. However, although you may have the drive and organization of a Capricorn, getting your supervisor to personally like you is another thing.

Other notable aspects

Mars also deals with going out and getting things, in much quicker ways, and he sits in the 12th house in Aries. Your supervisor may feel that you're not acting quick enough or being assertive enough, and you may even hide this part of yourself at times (12th house). Again, this may be your own impression of your supervisor, who may not be more forward or direct with you, and, perhaps setting the example of when it is appropriate to act and when not to (judgment). You'll have to update me here.

Saturn sits in the 7th house, indicating to me your supervisor is pragmatic, slow, feels more comfortable with routine, and believes success takes time and "hard work." They may be optimistic at times (Sagittarius) but it may be of the annoying variety where they need to make a comeback with how that optimistic view is limited (these types really annoy me!).

Saturn in the 7th may also indicate and foretell of incompatibility between you and your supervisor. So it may be that you and your supervisor may never get along. It opposes you in the 1st house, so I'm not surprised about the tension and conflict.

Scorpio in the 7th with DC here tells me that there is not enough being said, and that communication is indirect, which could be one of the factors of why you're getting on their bad side. Someone needs to be more direct or straightforward. This is probably your supervisor's style of communication.

Mercury and Uranus are opposed Jupiter rx in Virgo in the 5th house. I am thinking there is limitation around pleasure or leisure and any slacking off is going to get you into serious trouble with this person. I have the impression here that they are all business. On the other hand, you may need to sacrifice a lot of time to make a good impression with this person, or, at least the chart foretells that you will.

Overall, I do see that either there is, and will continue to be, a problem with understanding communication and personality styles (who you are/what you want), perhaps mainly due to your supervisor. It may not be clear to you what they expect of you. You feel like you're being kept "in the dark," and they may be avoiding confrontation (keeping frustrations/anger bottled up inside with Mars in the 12th/ Scorpio in the 7th/Sun and Mercury in Pisces). So, it may not be just you perceiving this. They may harbor deep feelings of resentment that are being projected onto you (Pisces and Scorpio) and they may take a while to let things go (Scorpio). The advice here is not to take things personally with this person, but to try to open up a more direct dialogue with them gradually. With so many significant aspects with water signs, I sense it's going to take a while for this person to warm up to you, so taking things slow, getting the message across that you're loyal and committed is going to really speak to them. Then they will form a favorable impression of you.

Soot, thank you for sitting. I look forward to your feedback.

soot

I realize this is an extensive post. It's because I am new to the practice, and "thinking out loud" is what I feel comfortable with right now. Please excuse the wordiness! Now, onto your reading.

You can view the chart here: http://i.imgur.com/3qdxgDG.gif
Thanks! I'm a newbie tarot reader and I find "thinking out loud" useful too! I just feel like I've shortchanged you somehow because due to my lack of understanding of horary, I cannot offer you any insights as to whether you've made any oversights. Sorry! I'll do my best to make it up to you by providing an extensive feedback.

You are driven by and enjoy the senses - smell, touch, taste, sight, comfort in physical forms, etc. For example, you delight in the taste of good food as opposed to wanting to socialize like the Librian side of Venus. Here, Venus also represents its corresponding house, the 2nd house, which is indicator of money and movable possessions (with which your job performance depends).
Honestly, I don't know what to say about this. I don't enjoy socializing much. That is unquestionably true. Whether I actually enjoy the senses is another matter of debate. On one hand, I think I'm more of the thinking type, so I take delight in puns, debates, mind blowing theories. Stuff like that. I enjoy good food for sure, but it's not something I take exceptional delight in (I know you're just giving an example. I'm giving you a return example with how I'm not really a "senses" person). That said, I do love to see beautiful art and nothing makes me happy like a good workout, so I suppose there's a point in what you said.

Because Pisces has such dissociation with self, I have come to two conclusions. First, at the very most, it could mean that your supervisor may not have the full picture of whether or not you're going to make a good employee. They may be "in the dark" about you. At the least, they may not be sure about one part or period of how you're doing and will do concerning this job. Perhaps, they are in the dark about themselves and this is why they may be unsure (and fearful) of what's least understood about the situation. In other words, they may be projecting their lack of sense of self onto you. Interestingly, Mercury sits here as well. While Mercury may not always "fall" in Pisces, it can cause issues with judgment or discernment. So there could be issues with assessing the value of something as well as communication. With communication, for example, too much small talk can distract to the point of making critical errors, while assessing the value of something may not be judged by practical criteria or hard evidence. So your supervisor may not have all the facts (evidence) about judging your performance and/or they may feel that impractical communication, such as small talk or "dreams" in some way is hindering performance, either with themselves or you. Furthermore, Pisces can represent high ideals, and so the criteria with which your supervisor may be measuring your performance may not be practical or within reason.

Second, you could be the one who is "in the dark" about your supervisor and may not "get" him or her which is obviously the case in the nature of your question.
Okay, very, very true on both accounts. As I said, this supervisor of mine isn't the person that I report directly to, so we've had very limited interactions so far and the one time he actually had the opportunity to assess me, things weren't exactly in my favour. I've been awfully well-prepared all the previous times he came to my group but I never got picked to get assessed and the one time I was ill prepared, he came to me. I guess he was upset that I've not completed the work that I've been assigned, but then again, he was the one who suddenly popped additional duties on us without warning and I've had friends in the past who failed to complete their jobs as well and none of them got reprimanded as badly as I did. I suppose there's a saying that if someone takes the extra effort to scold you more, it means it's because he has higher expectations of you, but it certainly did not come across feeling like he was scolding me because he expected more from me. More like he thinks I'm the kind who slacks in my duties, which is not true and it hurts because I actually put in a lot more effort than some of my friends who have his absolute approval.

To answer you, yes, he's very much in the dark about me due to poor communication. Likewise, I'm in the dark about him as well because I don't know what he wants. I'm usually quite good at picking up what my lecturers expect of us but he's really just an enigma to me.

faulty judgement and not knowing of the self may be what your supervisor will judge your performance by. They may feel you may not be in touch about what the job requires of you. You may be too much of a dreamer, thinking things will come to you or fall into your lap, instead of considering the reality of the situation and taking the necessary assertive actions and practical applications needed for your success. In other words, they may feel you are disconnected from them and the job.
YES!!! Exactly this. As mentioned above, he feels like I'm slacking and don't take my duties seriously.

What's ironic is that the significators that represent you are in pragmatic signs. The ascendant sits in Taurus, and the moon, your co-significator, sits in Capricorn, another pragmatic sign, being at the midheaven (career). This makes the chart lean towards a positive outcome, and that it is you who may not understand your supervisor.
Eh, I am a very pragmatic person. lol. I've been told this many times before. I'm a very typical Capricornian. I do hope the whole tension between us is really because I just don't understand him and have been misreading him this whole time!

However, although you may have the drive and organization of a Capricorn, getting your supervisor to personally like you is another thing.
This really is the core of the problem, isn't it? T___T

Your supervisor may feel that you're not acting quick enough or being assertive enough, and you may even hide this part of yourself at times (12th house). Again, this may be your own impression of your supervisor, who may not be more forward or direct with you, and, perhaps setting the example of when it is appropriate to act and when not to (judgment). You'll have to update me here.
Yes. He did mention that he felt like I don't work fast enough. He wondered how is it that I failed to complete a job the given time frame. It's hard to explain, but let's use an analogy here. Let's say an average person takes 30minutes to wash a car. Now, I've had 2 hours to wash 3 cars, so that should have been more than ample time. But I took longer than usual because I spent extra time cleaning out the tyres, the cushions etc. which he couldn't care less about, but failed to take a look at the engine of one of the cars, which was a crucial point to him.

The situation here is that I am in the healthcare field and I took extra time to ask after the patient's worries and concerns and addressed the underlying problems leading to their problems but all he cared about was how was the patient's blood pressure and glucose control while they were in the hospital. I was upset because while those are undeniably important things as well and any other lecturer would have been upset that I've failed to take note of it (I was in the midst of hunting down those details when he showed up), they would at least have appreciated the fact that I took the trouble to help solve the problem from the root level. For this supervisor, he didn't even ask about it because those things don't matter and when I tried to bring it up, he just cut me off.

Saturn sits in the 7th house, indicating to me your supervisor is pragmatic, slow, feels more comfortable with routine, and believes success takes time and "hard work." They may be optimistic at times (Sagittarius) but it may be of the annoying variety where they need to make a comeback with how that optimistic view is limited (these types really annoy me!).
OMG. You nailed him right down to the core, especially with that comeback part. I once asked him what he expects of us and he went, "I don't expect anything of you. I just hope you will learn to expect it of yourself." Like, what is that even supposed to mean???!!! Then the next day, he started expressing his disappointment about how I failed to think holistically and that even though my response is typical to what my previous lecturers want, I should learn quickly that different lecturers want different things and I should tailor-make my responses according to what they want from us. Like, what is this??!!! If you don't tell me what you want, OF COURSE I won't be able to deliver what you want.

Saturn in the 7th may also indicate and foretell of incompatibility between you and your supervisor. So it may be that you and your supervisor may never get along. It opposes you in the 1st house, so I'm not surprised about the tension and conflict.
T___T I had a bad feeling that this is the case. Yikes.

Scorpio in the 7th with DC here tells me that there is not enough being said, and that communication is indirect, which could be one of the factors of why you're getting on their bad side. Someone needs to be more direct or straightforward. This is probably your supervisor's style of communication.
I'm a very straight forward person but if he cuts me off halfway every time I try to say something, I can't get my messages across! It doesn't help that I have difficulty summarizing what I intend to say within a few words. Being succinct isn't exactly my strong point.

I am thinking there is limitation around pleasure or leisure and any slacking off is going to get you into serious trouble with this person. I have the impression here that they are all business. On the other hand, you may need to sacrifice a lot of time to make a good impression with this person, or, at least the chart foretells that you will.
Yes. He has two side projects going on that has nothing to do with academia at all but I'm somehow involved in both of them simply because I'm working to get into his good books. Some days, I wonder why I even care because so far, even though he has these projects going on, he himself never shows up for long. Like, he'll pop in for a few seconds to check on us, then off he goes.

Overall, I do see that either there is, and will continue to be, a problem with understanding communication and personality styles (who you are/what you want), perhaps mainly due to your supervisor. It may not be clear to you what they expect of you. You feel like you're being kept "in the dark," and they may be avoiding confrontation (keeping frustrations/anger bottled up inside with Mars in the 12th/ Scorpio in the 7th/Sun and Mercury in Pisces). So, it may not be just you perceiving this. They may harbor deep feelings of resentment that are being projected onto you (Pisces and Scorpio) and they may take a while to let things go (Scorpio).
*sigh* Why do I get the same feeling?

The advice here is not to take things personally with this person, but to try to open up a more direct dialogue with them gradually. With so many significant aspects with water signs, I sense it's going to take a while for this person to warm up to you, so taking things slow, getting the message across that you're loyal and committed is going to really speak to them. Then they will form a favorable impression of you.
THANK YOU for this advice. I'll be meeting him one-on-one this Tuesday. I'll update you later on how things go.

Soot, thank you for sitting. I look forward to your feedback.
Thank you for this reading, Eva!
I'll update you on what happens during our meeting later (latest by Friday)