New deck, new discussion

pluto'sapprentice258

Hello all! :D

I recently bought this deck and have started learning about the Loa and Orisha to better connect with the cards.

I would just like to ask questions and share ideas with people who have been using it for some time; also people who know about Vodoun, as I know very little. :D

I connect strongly with Obatala, Les Barons, Marie Laveau, Les Morts and Legba La Flambeau.

Thank you!

lp
xx

La Force

Thanks for starting this thread lp.

I also want to know more, I am interested as well in Vodoun, and have questions, I dont have the deck but I do have Ludy Lescot, which follows the same tradition and the Ludy's story in New Orleans.

pluto'sapprentice258

La Force! :love: :heart: I hope you've been well, it's so nice to see you - at least if no one else contributes to this thread for a while we can have a little natter between ourselves! :D

What is it particularly that draws you to Vodoun, if I may ask? I have always been interested, but didn't know much and wanted to find out more. When I saw this deck I fell head over heels for it, and I then realised I also had a familiar link with Tarot to act as a springboard for learning more about Vodoun.

lp

xx

pluto'sapprentice258

Thanks for starting this thread lp.

I also want to know more, I am interested as well in Vodoun, and have questions, I dont have the deck but I do have Ludy Lescot, which follows the same tradition and the Ludy's story in New Orleans.

I don't know about this Ludy Lescot, La Force...will you tell me more? :D

x

Water Pixie

Hey guys I know it has been a while since you have posted on this thread, but are you still working with the NOVT?

Lilianne

I'll have to pull this deck out and re-look at it. I was initially disappointed, possibly because it mixed different neo-African streams and can't seem to make up its mind! Santeria isn't interchangeable with Vodou; and that practiced in Ayiti while basically the same as in New Orleans isn't quite the same. There are a lot of misconceptions about Voodoo and this deck doesn't seem to help. The advertising blurbs are even more confusing. One talks about the West Indies but that's a current barely understood by outsiders (including me) because certain streams are still word-of-mouth! But then it's a deck; and as useable as any other deck to someone who likes it, so I'd better leave it alone, eh?! :)

Still, I spotted this thread among the "Tarot Decks" which prompted me to try to find it and have another look.

AJ

I'm surprised that link is still here, mods must have missed it.

Lilianne, your post was interesting. The odd mix is often found in themed tarot decks and one of the reasons I didn't buy the deck. To make it commercial themes often bleed out into other corners which in turn weakens the concept.

Sulis

Some advertising has been removed from this thread.

fractalgranny

i just got this deck today; will see what it has to offer. i liked how the author stated right at the beginning of the book that the creators' view is just ONE approach. i don't mind people mixing things up (we live in a highly diverse world, after all) but do enjoy it when people state their positions right up front. looking forward to exploring this deck!