DECK OF THE MONTH: MARCH

Rose Lalonde

I'm new to this. Is the purpose of this thread just to share our monthly projects? Is there anything else to it?

...And I'm sure someone who's been active in DotM longer will come along, but I've just been posting about my monthly projects and reading about what others are doing.

Clockwork Ghost

I'd like to be included please. I'm working with the Fallen Angels Oracle at the moment. I already have worked a lot with the Lesser Key of Solomon, so hope I can draw on my experience to get as much as possible out of the cards.

Chrystella

Dame Fortune's Wheel is one of my favorite decks too. :) Often I don't have the same decks as those being posted about here - not suprising with so many decks out there! - but DFW is one of the decks I've learned the most from.

If you haven't already seen it, Huson has a free, extended LWB that goes into more detail than the one that comes with the deck. The pdf can be downloaded here. A little of ithe intro covers ground he talks about in Mystical Origins of the Tarot, but most of it is more deck specific.

Thank you, yes, I found that pdf somewhere and recently purchased the book as well. It's nice to hear someone else loves this deck. I haven't been this excited about a tarot deck in a long time. There's something very special about the DFW.

MaryHeather

Mid-Month Check In

One of my goals for this month was to finish working through The Secret Language of Tarot. I did finally finish it. It's got a lot to think about, and I'm sure I'll be digesting all that information for quite a while. On the whole, I'm glad I took my time working through the entire book.

My other goal for the month was to focus on my Tarot of a Moon Garden for my daily readings. My deck had other plans ;). I've ended up using mostly the Cosmic deck by Norbert Losche. I'm always amazed how well this deck reads for me. I've started experimenting with my Tarot del Fuego, and so far really like it.

So, for the rest of the month, I think I'm going to start working through Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom. As much as I like the idea of sticking to one deck, I think I'm going to rethink the attempt to stick with Tarot of a Moon Garden.

That's where I'm at.

Rose Lalonde

Daniloff Tarot this month... but not so much

I've managed to take a detour. Because I chose a RWS inspired deck this month, I was looking into its GD source, which led me to read Robert Wang's The Qabalistic Tarot and then Duquette's book on the Thoth and parts of Crowley's Book of Thoth. I'm far from where I started, with my nose stuck in a book. :/

merissa_88

Xultun Tarot

Well, I did not click with the Mythic this month and switched to the Xultun, one of my absolute favorites. It isn't that I dislike the Mythic- I think it's amazing- but I am feeling really drawn to the Xultun Tarot. Because i've followed the Mayan Sacred Tarot for years, the imagery really clicks with me.

merissa_88

I'd like to be included please. I'm working with the Fallen Angels Oracle at the moment. I already have worked a lot with the Lesser Key of Solomon, so hope I can draw on my experience to get as much as possible out of the cards.

Welcome Clockwork Ghost! Are you also using working with the tarot this month?