Favourite Devil card

Deanne

I like Ciro's Devil of the Legacy of the Divine Tarot (has that "bad boy that's hard to resist" vibe) and also the up and coming Urban Tarot's Devil (has that "this is NOT what I thought I was going to get" vibe). :D

The Legacy of the Divine is on my wishlist, but I think it just moved a little higher up in priority :)
Wonderful card!

Zephyros

The Morgan-Greer Devil. I like it not because it's good, but because it's so bad. Completely cheesy 70s Hammer Horror, a complete cliché, but so utterly delightful because of that!

Clockwork Ghost

Probably the Devil from the Rohrig tarot - he is so suave and debonaire.

Attachments

• rohrigdevil.jpg
    rohrigdevil.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 178

Chrystella

The Devil is one of the first cards I look at in a deck I'm thinking of buying. It never makes the deck, but it can break it if I feel it's not executed right or I just really don't like it.

I love the Devils in the quirky Tarot of the Magical Forest and Tarot of the Gnomes. I can't really take those guys too seriously. I love him in the Deviant Moon as well. My favourite The Devil sans Devil is in the Robin Wood tarot.

Clockwork Ghost

Chrystella, have you seen the limited run blue devil from the Deviant Moon? Same image, but blue. A blue devil is somehow even creepier...

Marcus R

The Deviant Moon deck has my favourite Devil, but I'm becoming enamoured of the Ellis decK Devil.

Madrigal

The Devil card from the Illuminati deck fits the bill for me.

Teheuti

I really like the Robin Wood Devil, too. Not so much the art as the concept.

To my mind the perfect Devil is a combination of:

• Whatever monster (or nightmare) who, when standing guard, would keep me from ever looking into my taboos.

• Whatever would tempt me into being *bad*.

• Something I might grasp and hold onto without even thinking.

Perhaps it's the Devil in the movie Legend:
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6006205_f520.jpg

Lycanthropos

Of the decks I own, I'd say The Devil from the Cosmic Tarot. Mind you I'm just starting my collection, but even so I really like this rendition compared to a lot of the other cards I've seen.

Holly doll

Gilded tarot definitely! Hot, hot, hot - who could resist...?