Favourite Devil card

Tanga

For me a good Devil has to be playful and a bit silly. I love this TdM rendering by Kevin Meunier:

I love that the prisoners are winking at each other. So - they're loving it really! Lol.

This is Vieville?... I recently bought Dame Fortune's Wheel - which I assumed is a modern rendition of a timeless oldie... is it this one? The colours in Dame Fortune's Wheel are unexplainably pleasing to me.

I kinda like this twitchy Devil from the Tarot of the Four Elements.

Haha! - he looks like he's twitching 'cause his member is about to explode.

Barleywine

For me a good Devil has to be playful and a bit silly. I love this TdM rendering by Kevin Meunier:

Nice one! Looks like the little demons are plotting against him and he's too much of a dolt to notice.

Sulis

Morgan Greer Devil

The Morgan-Greer Devil. I like it not because it's good, but because it's so bad. Completely cheesy 70s Hammer Horror, a complete cliché, but so utterly delightful because of that!

I think this is my favourite Devil card too.. I don't think it's not good though, I think it really looms over a spread in the way The Devil should.. It's a presence of negativity and darkness that permeates the rest of the reading... Excellent card :).

Here it is:

Attachments

• Morgan Greer - The Devil XV.jpg
    Morgan Greer - The Devil XV.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 136

smw

blow out the candle and it will be just eyes in the darkness... a glimmer of all your darkest, wishes and desires, lurking down in your depths...

Chrystella

This is Vieville?... I recently bought Dame Fortune's Wheel - which I assumed is a modern rendition of a timeless oldie... is it this one? The colours in Dame Fortune's Wheel are unexplainably pleasing to me.

I love Dame Fortune's Wheel tarot. It's one of my favourites and it has a great Devil card. According to Huson, the Devil in his deck is inspired by the way the Devil was portrayed in Medieval drama. It's like an actor dressed up grotesquely. He says some older decks also depicted the Devil in this fashion. He looks like this in the Vandenborre Bacchus tarot too.

Sulis

blow out the candle and it will be just eyes in the darkness... a glimmer of all your darkest, wishes and desires, lurking down in your depths...

Yes exactly! You've just made me love this card even more }).

Barleywine

According to Huson, the Devil in his deck is inspired by the way the Devil was portrayed in Medieval drama. It's like an actor dressed up grotesquely. He says some older decks also depicted the Devil in this fashion. He looks like this in the Vandenborre Bacchus tarot too.

Very interesting. The Devil's head is strongly reminiscent of the "mouth" at the bottom of the Thoth Tower card. It also looks like he's going off in search of an antacid tablet. :)