Energy Loss

celticnoodle

Hi celticnoodle,
Actually, now that you mention crystal. I was wearing an amethyst. I removed it for few days and am experiencing energy loss. I will wear it again.

What is grounding and how do you do it.

Oh, the amethyst is a good stone for you/anyone to wear or have near!

Grounding: there are many ways to do this--and one that I have adopted and do every day is this:

When I wake up in the morning and get out of bed, I stand still beside my bed for a few minutes--or at least 1 minute. I close my eyes and imagine roots growing out of my feet that go down deep, through our wood floors, down through the cement pad of our foundation and down deep into the ground. So far down deep that it is like an anchor for me. Then, I open my eyes and go about my day.

If I am reading, I make sure to eat before I read and this often means having a glass of milk or some snack. I lately love to make scrambled eggs and toast w/jelly and a glass of milk. that really seems to be grounding for me. If I cannot get that, then I may eat crackers or peanuts, something like that to help me. Not too much of it though as to make me so full that all I can think of doing is sleeping afterwards! :D

There are many threads here in A.T. about grounding and protection you can do. Do a search for "grounding" and then after you find them and read them, do one on "protection". YOu'll get some great ideas and can pick one that resonates for you. Try it and if you like it, stick with it. If not--try a new one till you find one you like.

I happen to love the foot one, because you can do that ANYWHERE and also it is easy to do and quick. However, food is often a great one to do too.

Sometimes after a reading, I do feel depleted and instead of having milk I may find I need some sweet tea and a snack. Just experiment and pay attention to your cravings too because I believe your body knows what it needs and will send you the signals for it. I do have a sweet tooth and so I often do crave sweets. While I don't want to encourage too many sugary items, I know that sometimes it helps me because I tend to have a low blood sugar. Its not the healthiest way--but it is a way that my body responds too and so my doctor also agreed that as long as I do it in moderation, its okay. So, if you crave a chocolate bar afterwards, try it and see--but don't sit and eat a bunch of chocolate bars! however tempting it is! :D

Tanga

hi,

Lately, I have been feeling drained after my tarot readings. I feel that my client's are reducing my positive energy and give me their negative energy. Has anyone experienced this? Any tips on how to avoid or get the energy back?

Thanks

When I am feeling drained (does still happen - though I mostly manage it very well these days) - first thing I do is stop and take time out. This can be sleeping lots, eating really well to support my health, hibernating indoors reading a favourite novel, going for therapy treatments, meeting friends I love who are 'easy' to be with/or going to occult seminars/presentations that I know will inspire me. I avoid big crowds, loud noise, heavy physical activity - gentle walks in the park are good at an off-peak time - and anything that means I have to further expend/give energy out.

Preventing draining is a mindset one has to learn. Where do you end - and the querent/sitter/client (most often in my case) begin? That space must be a clear boundary. I have described this in previous threads - like "finding that switch inside your head/yourself" where you let go of the querent's "stuff", prevent it from invade your being/your energy.
You are you - they are them - and their stuff is not yours to carry, it's a part of the journey that they must travel themselves for whatever reason. Their Karma, if you like.
There are many ritual ways to get yourself into a more separate and protected mindset as has already been mentioned. Do research and try them out to find what fits.

I believe that, providing I keep my integrity, with my aim always to serve for the highest good - the Universe will only ever send me people that I can deal with - even if that "dealing" means I have to turn them away saying "so sorry cannot serve you today - please try x" (this is also me, allowing myself to look after me - VERY IMPORTANT - I must put myself 1st, only then can I serve most effectively). And all such experience has opportunity for growth - for both parties.

Techniques that I regularly visit for grounding (creating a psychological "I am protected" mindset/defining boundaries) are:
1) The Tree meditation for grounding - the growing of roots into the ground, until you reach a place in Mother Earth that has a meaningful connection for you. Imagine drawing up supportive energising light (through your 7 Chakras if you wish), and then projecting it out into the Universe above from your crown/top of your head. High above, you may contact a Sacred Place where "all souls meet".
You are thus suspended like a beautiful bead, drawing up the energies of nurturing mother earth and connected to receiving the starlight of the powerful magic-filled Universe - all of which you are a part.
2) Invoking a protective Deity. e.g. "I am protected by your might, Great Goddess, day and night" - said over and over, mantra style. (This one's from Scott Cunningham - now deceased). I have more complex ones - e.g. my personal version of The LBRP (Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram) that I might do in the morning before I go out - or whilst sitting on the train if I'm feeling a bit sensitive. These are Pagan formats, and I am Wiccan.
3) Putting a piece of Black tourmaline in my pocket. (you can have it around where you work).
Like a black mirror - it reflects away (or absorbs and transforms) all 'negative' vibes - in my mind. Placing a piece in my pocket is effectively like donning a protective mirrored cloak. Everything just bounces off!
:-D. Deflected - or returned to sender, if they're deliberately being invasive/vampire-ish.
(Sometimes I envision it like activating a soldier's personal forcefield - like what may be depicted in a science fiction movie - The original "Dune" comes to mind - the one which had the musician 'Sting' acting in it.).

If the client has physically been in my space (presently I read by email - but as a therapist ofcourse, I work from a therapy room) and I feel the energy of the room is charged from them - there are a number of clearing techniques:
1) Cleaning house is a great one - shaking out the sheets and tidying the room puts it energetically in order. And this ofcourse, is automatically done after each client.
2) I may clap vigorously in the 4 quarters of the room whilst envisioning the room clearing.
3) I may ask my spirit guides to please come and clean up the room - whilst I go and have a cup of tea - and maybe a naughty biscuit. Eating and drinking = a most delicious way to ground! Lol.
4) I may use my Tibetan brass bowl, or seed rattle in the room.
5) Use an energy cleansing room spray. Sometimes one I've made myself (I have aromatherapy training) - or one I've bought.
6) You can set the room up to screen/dampen any draining energy the client brings in - with charged crystals (charged meaning, you have selected them for this specific purpose and "programmed" them - by thought/intent/ritual, to function in this specific capacity), a symbol or a sigil over the door that they walk through, or "guardian statues"/symbols by either side of the door etc.

Ofcourse this is all fairly intricate (as you can see - I love all this sort of stuff. Ritual? - bring it on!).
And what matters is what you believe.
You could just say in your head something like "I am now calm, fully protected, and appropriately guided in my work" and trust that as you say - so shall it be.

Thoughtful

Before l do any readings or Reiki l make sure l am grounded and calm using methods that have already been mentioned. l also ask for the energy of Archangel Michael to be in the room to protect both myself and the client, l do this before the client arrives. After they have gone l use my Tibetan Cymbols in each corner of the room and over the Reiki table or armchair. This will clear any residue left in the room.
l am also a believer in using white candles whilst l work as l feel they draw in and attract the right Angelic energies. Before l used any of these methods l found l could get horribly drained and it took a while to free myself.

l do the same procedures if doing a phone or skype reading as well.

Tarotfortune

Thank you celticnoodle. I searched chakra balancing and started doing a meditation with chakra for grounding today. I feel a sense of calmness already.

And yes, I will watch out for sweets. I do have to watch out my weight too :)

Oh, the amethyst is a good stone for you/anyone to wear or have near!

Grounding: there are many ways to do this--and one that I have adopted and do every day is this:

When I wake up in the morning and get out of bed, I stand still beside my bed for a few minutes--or at least 1 minute. I close my eyes and imagine roots growing out of my feet that go down deep, through our wood floors, down through the cement pad of our foundation and down deep into the ground. So far down deep that it is like an anchor for me. Then, I open my eyes and go about my day.

If I am reading, I make sure to eat before I read and this often means having a glass of milk or some snack. I lately love to make scrambled eggs and toast w/jelly and a glass of milk. that really seems to be grounding for me. If I cannot get that, then I may eat crackers or peanuts, something like that to help me. Not too much of it though as to make me so full that all I can think of doing is sleeping afterwards! :D

There are many threads here in A.T. about grounding and protection you can do. Do a search for "grounding" and then after you find them and read them, do one on "protection". YOu'll get some great ideas and can pick one that resonates for you. Try it and if you like it, stick with it. If not--try a new one till you find one you like.

I happen to love the foot one, because you can do that ANYWHERE and also it is easy to do and quick. However, food is often a great one to do too.

Sometimes after a reading, I do feel depleted and instead of having milk I may find I need some sweet tea and a snack. Just experiment and pay attention to your cravings too because I believe your body knows what it needs and will send you the signals for it. I do have a sweet tooth and so I often do crave sweets. While I don't want to encourage too many sugary items, I know that sometimes it helps me because I tend to have a low blood sugar. Its not the healthiest way--but it is a way that my body responds too and so my doctor also agreed that as long as I do it in moderation, its okay. So, if you crave a chocolate bar afterwards, try it and see--but don't sit and eat a bunch of chocolate bars! however tempting it is! :D

Tarotfortune

[Hi Tanga,

Thanks for sharing all areas of cleansing including room cleansing. As mentioned to celticnoodle, today I did chakra meditation which is similar to the tree meditation mentioned by you.

In my case, the room cleansing is important as most of my readings are in-person in my Tarot room.

I will select one ritual to cleanse my room going forward.

Tarotfortune

Hi Thoughtful,
Thanks for sharing your Tibetan and candle ritual. I would avoid the candle as I am like a Frenchman ( use my hands while talking) so may drop the candle.

I will try to pray to my angel.

Nicki_uk

Thanks for the info. I think this is definitely something I need to start doing. I'm much more tired than usual today and the only difference to my day yesterday was how long I was working with my deck, and that I did 2 readings for 2 different people last night.

I think it's time to hit the online shops and get myself some crystals.

danieljuk

That is really great advice Tanga, definitely going to try some of those methods in my own life in future :thumbsup::)

Thoughtful

Hi Thoughtful,
Thanks for sharing your Tibetan and candle ritual. I would avoid the candle as I am like a Frenchman ( use my hands while talking) so may drop the candle.

This made me laugh bless you, l don't actually hold the candles l have them either in a tea-light group on a table or have a couple of large candles on my shelves where l have my crystals. Could not imagine doing Reiki healing or doing readings balancing candles in my hands, now that would be clever but dangerous :joke:

Tarotfortune

Hahahah... Good point. Thanks for clarifying. I was actually visualising you having candles all around you on your tarot table. :) I can do the candle in the aromatherapy stand.
This made me laugh bless you, l don't actually hold the candles l have them either in a tea-light group on a table or have a couple of large candles on my shelves where l have my crystals. Could not imagine doing Reiki healing or doing readings balancing candles in my hands, now that would be clever but dangerous :joke: