Tarot bags

closerwalking

After having gotten a few more decks in the mail I have decided I do want more bags!
How much does everyone pay for theirs by the way? Any place or site in particular you like?
my best source for inexpensive bags are in a metaphysical community about 1 hour away. Shasta City, CA. There is large metaphysical store that sell crystals, books, drums, etc, etc. They sell wonderful velvet bags for very inexpensive price, $1.50 medium bag. $1.75 large bag. In the same town a thrift store sells handmade flannel shoe bags for $1.00. So it is possible to find inexpensive bags, check around. I have not found any online source for these at this price. I live in small town in OR, but periodically visit Shasta city for fun. and pick up more bags each time I go there. So look for metaphysical community. and then check out the thrift stores and larger metaphysical stores.

Miss Woo

You will never guess what I keep my pocket Thoth deck in :D

A female friend talked me into buying a menstrual cup (she swears by them). Well, I ended up buying an extra small one but I never used it. So I have decided to use the little purple cloth bag it came with for my pocket Thoth deck. It fits perfectly :laugh:

rylla

I make my own bags, mostly. My most beautiful ones are made from silk that I painted and embroidered myself. I have no sewing machine but it's easy to sew them by hand.

Lately, I crochet most of my tarot bags. I also have some bought ones but I tend to prefer the self made ones.

I really like giving each deck a bag that suits its character and style.

These are beautiful!

Sulis

After having gotten a few more decks in the mail I have decided I do want more bags!
How much does everyone pay for theirs by the way? Any place or site in particular you like?

I think you should look for bags that you like and that you want your decks to be housed in.
I think you get what you pay for and prefer quality, well made bags in natural fabrics like cotton and silk.
Etsy is a very good place to look for well made bags.

AmethystEyes

You will never guess what I keep my pocket Thoth deck in :D

A female friend talked me into buying a menstrual cup (she swears by them). Well, I ended up buying an extra small one but I never used it. So I have decided to use the little purple cloth bag it came with for my pocket Thoth deck. It fits perfectly :laugh:

I heard those are suppose to be great lol

Madrigal

Tarot Totes has a large selection and are very reasonably priced. They also have suggestions for matching decks to bags.

For my own decks I have an assortment of plain velvet, more elaborate Etsy ones, (Sulis and Wyldechilde do great work!), non-Tarot bags that I picked up in various stores that work great for decks and a few LoS themed bags. Some decks come with decent, sturdy boxes, Mucha for example, and they stay in those.

Lycanthropos

I've been keeping mine in the original boxes save one, which I keep in a repurposed bag that once held complimentary slippers from the Ritz-Carlton. Now I feel kind of lazy... I have a nice sewing machine and I know how to make bags. I really could lug it down from the attic and put it to use. It would be a fun project... picking out fabrics and patches and whatnot to decorate with. Now I'm inspired!

AmethystEyes

Tarot Totes has a large selection and are very reasonably priced. They also have suggestions for matching decks to bags.

For my own decks I have an assortment of plain velvet, more elaborate Etsy ones, (Sulis and Wyldechilde do great work!), non-Tarot bags that I picked up in various stores that work great for decks and a few LoS themed bags.
Thanks I'll check them out!
I've been keeping mine in the original boxes save one, which I keep in a repurposed bag that once held complimentary slippers from the Ritz-Carlton. Now I feel kind of lazy... I have a nice sewing machine and I know how to make bags. I really could lug it down from the attic and put it to use. It would be a fun project... picking out fabrics and patches and whatnot to decorate with. Now I'm inspired!
I like that idea, I do love to sew but would need to learn how to make one.

Miss Divine

The ones I use the most are in bags in a basket. The ones I am currently using are on my reading space without a bag. I think it's a pain in the a$$ having to pull it out of the bag all the time. The decks I know I won't be using for a while go back into their boxes, unless I don't have the boxes anymore. (Ofcourse the ones without boxes, also have bags).

Nina*

I've had many different kinds during the years and know for sure now that the ones I prefer are the ones made by Sulis and Baba Studio.

Bags from these sellers are just perfect, beautifully made and will actually hold up to use. AND fairly priced!

Well.... I don't compromise with quality.