Tarot bags

Cocobird55

My Baba bag with the Waterhouse picture on the front came today. It's gorgeous. They make wonderful bags. I'm going to keep my Waterhouse Oracle in it.

Tanga

The ones I use the most are in bags in a basket. The ones I am currently using are on my reading space without a bag. I think it's a pain in the a$$ having to pull it out of the bag all the time. The decks I know I won't be using for a while go back into their boxes, unless I don't have the boxes anymore. (Ofcourse the ones without boxes, also have bags).

:joke: It is a pain in the a** - however, I find that fiddling about with the bags and silks and so-forth, forces me to "slow down" and "smell the roses" as it were.
It sometimes becomes a contemplation exercise. Very good for me - as I live in the middle of London where the energy is "fast", so any little daily things to remedy against getting caught into that are helpful for me.

jema

Can I just say this first:

WOW Nemia!!!!
Those silk with embroidery!! o0
Stunning!!
You are so talented.

I keep mine in boxes when I have them and in bags when they don't have a box. Old favorites are mainly in bags and I learnt which deck is in which bag by now.
I once upon a time won one of those competitions here and picked bags as my prize, but i also make my own although not as pretty as yours.

I am needing some more bags right now and think I will get some from someone on here that makes them really well: Sulis!

Little_Bear

Bags

I make my own bags, mostly. My most beautiful ones are made from silk that I painted and embroidered myself. I have no sewing machine but it's easy to sew them by hand.

Lately, I crochet most of my tarot bags. I also have some bought ones but I tend to prefer the self made ones.

I really like giving each deck a bag that suits its character and style.

Oh wow, these are amazing! You're very talented. I especially like the painted and embroidered ones. I have been wrapping mine Japanese style in silk scarves but I think I will also be making bags to then put them into for when I'm on the go. I can add extras in like crystals, reading cloth, lwb, etc.

teawoman

Nemia, your bags are gorgeous! Thanks for taking the time to post pics. Lots of good ideas there!
My decks in use at the moment are in bags: either crocheted by me (but I don't like how the cards catch in the stitches of the crochet) or from Baba, and a couple from the dollar store. They're all matched to the content of the deck, or connected in some way that my old brain will remember! These current decks are in those plastic stands that brochures are displayed in (from an office supply/stationery store). They hold 2-3 decks apiece and are all visible at once.

AmethystEyes

Tarot Totes has a large selection and are very reasonably priced. They also have suggestions for matching decks to bags.

For my own decks I have an assortment of plain velvet, more elaborate Etsy ones, (Sulis and Wyldechilde do great work!), non-Tarot bags that I picked up in various stores that work great for decks and a few LoS themed bags. Some decks come with decent, sturdy boxes, Mucha for example, and they stay in those.
I bought one from them and it just came in the mail on clearance! Was cheaper than the cheap ones I got on ebay and cuter and better quality!

Madrigal

I bought one from them and it just came in the mail on clearance! Was cheaper than the cheap ones I got on ebay and cuter and better quality!

I ordered a few last week and they came super fast. I agree, very inexpensive and well made with a decent selection of fabric. I can't afford to keep all my decks in bags by baba or wyldechilde so these do the job nicely.

Cocobird55

Beautiful collection, Teheuti

Lycanthropos

This afternoon I was shopping etsy, just to see what was available, and I found a lot of 10 sturdy, white cotton muslin drawstring pouches, 8"x5", for $10.30, so I figured I'd buy them and decorate them myself. If it turns out they're no good for holding cards, with shipping, I'm only out $13.30 and I'm sure I can find another use for them.

I used to tie-dye t-shirts, although these are a bit small for that, but I can use dye and/or a fabric marker set for cheap and decorate them. I'm great at calligraphy, and I'm thinking about putting words and pictures that I identify with each deck on their intended bags. Maybe recreate the reverse pattern (to the best of my ability). I hate to think my Bachelor of Fine Art is going totally to waste!