tarot coding of Napoleon's talisman

northsea

Napoleon Bonaparte's crystal talisman was inspired by the original signet ring of his hero, Augustus Caesar, whose stamp bore the image of a sphinx. The talisman was commissioned by Napoleon after he returned to France from his Egyptian campaign in 1799.

Napoleon spent two years planning the intricate design of the jewels that compose the base of this sphinx. The jewels are arranged in a secret code that reflects Napoleon’s love for his wife, Josephine, and his successful military and political career.
This pattern of 21 rubies and a blank hole correlates perfectly to the ancient Egyptian Tarot code. This Tarot code had its genesis in the Egyptian mystery schools of approximately 1500 BC. The Tarot code was based on a numbered system of 21 pictorial cards and a blank card that covertly recorded the ancient knowledge of the Egyptian mystery schools on an ordinary deck of “playing cards.” Each card was numbered and themed (“4” = Emperor, “6” = love, “13” = death, etc.) and, further, each card had symbols that represented different esoteric information that could convey very specific meanings to the initiate who understood the system. It was not until the 1700s in France, that information about this ancient system of preserving esoteric knowledge was published by several notable researchers.
http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/napoleon/c_Talisman.html

Grizabella

How interesting! I'd never heard of this before. Thank you for posting it. :)

northsea

How interesting! I'd never heard of this before. Thank you for posting it. :)

Thanks, I had never heard of this talisman either, or Napoleon's interest in tarot, until I came across this the other day.

tarotbear

According to many sources Mde. Lenormand read 'cards' for both Napoleon & Josephine; isn't she reputed to have taught Tarot to the Empress?

Tanga

My word... fancy that? I love the bit with the compartment for a lock of Josephine's hair.
Thankyou.

and aah... "perfect correlations to the ancient Egyptian Tarot code..." heh - can I have me some of that please? :-D