Favourite Judgement Card.

Tanga

What's your favourite Judgement card?

I was delighted by the Fradella Adventure Tarot version (I saw a comic super hero deck and knew it was a must-have.)
It put a new spin on "Evolving to higher planes" - Lol.

I also love the Halloween Tarot version with the vampire in his traditional black and red-lined cloak. I can't read the tomb inscriptions without putting on an funny atmospheric voice :) ("Arise!" - "Awaken Sleeper"...). And ofcourse, the themed black cat in this deck is there... to my mind, with a suggestion of thinking "There he goes again - that Vladimir - one can't get good mice hunting in this place these days"

Here they are:

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820480120173/

Barleywine

What's your favourite Judgement card?

I was delighted by the Fradella Adventure Tarot version (I saw a comic super hero deck and knew it was a must-have.)
It put a new spin on "Evolving to higher planes" - Lol.

It made me think: "Beam me up, Scotty!"

It can be tough to get outside the "religious" overtones of this one. Not one of my favorite images overall in any of my decks, except for the "renewal" it implies. As far as getting "outside the box," I suppose the Thoth Aeon does that well, but there are still the Thelemic trappings to swallow. I do like the fresh take on the stale old "Gabriel" model, and the way the Hebrew letter Shin (Fire/Spirit) is wrapped around the three figures at the bottom.

JackofWands

I really like the Fairy Tale Tarot and Wild Unknown Tarot Judgment cards. However, that said, this isn't one of the go-to cards I look at in a deck, so I might have to think some more and come back with amendments.

Richard

I like the slightly crosseyed angel in the Conver. Looks like he's blowing his brains out.

Attachments

• judgement.jpg
    judgement.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 114

Barleywine

I like the slightly crosseyed angel in the Conver. Looks like he's blowing his brains out.

. . . and it looks like the person directly in front of him has turned blue from the icy draft (or is he just necrotic?)

Richard

. . . and it looks like the person directly in front of him has turned blue from the icy draft (or is he just necrotic?)

Necrotic, waiting to be given a new incorruptible body like the other two.

Tanga

It made me think: "Beam me up, Scotty!"

It can be tough to get outside the "religious" overtones of this one. Not one of my favorite images overall in any of my decks, except for the "renewal" it implies. As far as getting "outside the box," I suppose the Thoth Aeon does that well, but there are still the Thelemic trappings to swallow. I do like the fresh take on the stale old "Gabriel" model, and the way the Hebrew letter Shin (Fire/Spirit) is wrapped around the three figures at the bottom.

"Beam me up Scotty!" - yes please!
Now - the Aeon. I'd forgotten how I like that card. Thanks for reminding me (I like anything with Nuit in it!).
Khonsu and Thoth together - I like that entwining of ideas - innocence and wisdom - the life story of travelling from one to the other...

I am fascinated by the Ancestral path one
http://www.albideuter.de/html/ap-20.html
It just speaks to me on a level of astral travel and dream-work.

Huh - now that's some food for thought...

[This was a comment directed at LRichards choice - where he describes the Judgement Angel looking like he's cross-eyed and blowing his brains out on the trumpet]

You Guys are making me laugh! Such a delight to have the opportunity to see the variety of cards and people's takes on them.