Is there any point

Spiderwoman

I have just logged in this morning and notice straight away the same people asking the exact same question as they have asked so many times. I have read for some of them and seen the readings they have had on here from others; many of these readings more or less echo what I have said.
My question is "what do people who have multiple readings on the same subject hope to achieve"?
Interested in hearing your replies.

PeonyInLove

Sometimes a person can be so hung up on a certain topic that they need clarity from multiple sources. Also I think sometimes some people may get a reading that they wish were slightly different or more towards what they were hoping so they may look to other readers and try and see if they attain an answer that more goes along with what they wish? I don't think it's in any way a reflection of your reading and meaning any disrespect though. Also circumstances change on a daily basis so it could just be that something popped up and so more insight is needed? xxxx

Tanga

I have just logged in this morning and notice straight away the same people asking the exact same question as they have asked so many times. I have read for some of them and seen the readings they have had on here from others; many of these readings more or less echo what I have said.
My question is "what do people who have multiple readings on the same subject hope to achieve"?
Interested in hearing your replies.

Lol. They didn't like the answer/didn't believe it was the "right" one - and so, they're hoping the next time round it will be more satisfactory to them. :)

It's quite human (and can be rather annoying for the reader). It's completely their journey though - nothing to do with you as a reader.

Or - more hopefully, they're in learning mode and would like to see what different people would say to the same question. Or are hoping to get more information to help.

Sometimes - people just need to ask over and over - it's a kind of process of Catharsis for them. Individuals take different lengths of time to embody and integrate things.

Farzon

I did multiple readings for myself when I began with Tarot. I personally was waiting for an answer that would 'click' with me. Once I realized that this click only happens when we already know the answer (which is possible in more psychological questions, when we yet have to face something) or when it was the answer we expected (in predictive questions; it's that what we want to hear or even what we fear), multiple readings lost their sense for me completely.

AJ

you have every right to set the perimeters for your offered readings here.
You might specify they are for anyone who hasn't had a reading here in the last two weeks, something like that. Or asking a specific question. "a general, thanks"...drove me crazy :)

Grizabella

Obviously the sitter thinks there's a point in it. That's what counts, I think. As I see it, it's my job to read the cards, not to pass judgment on what questions my sitter asks or how often they've asked the same question or how many other readers they've asked that question. As AJ says, it's your prerogative to set limits on who you read for, how soon or often you'll read on a specific question from a certain sitter, though, so you do have that option.

Personally, I don't keep a running tally of what questions the sitter has asked other readers. That's none of my business and I have better things to do. There are cases where the sitter may just want a reading and not be able to think of anything but the same thing they've asked before. There are some cases where a person is lonely and just wants some reason for some human contact so they ask me for a reading. And there are cases where it's harder for the person to let go of the question.

I do get tired of hearing the same question from the same sitter over and over again sometimes, but usually the cards just say the same thing again in the next reading. It just depends on how many times they need to hear the message before they give up hope.

I don't keep track of what questions my sitter asks. Once a reading is done, it's usually just gone from my memory. I think it's supposed to work that way. If the same person comes to me with the same question for three years running (and it has happened to me) then I'm more inclined to remember them and their question, but I don't usually remember otherwise.

I'm not God so I can't say that any sitter is going to reader after reader and asking the same question is doing it with the hope they'll get the answer they want. I can't read minds, I just read the cards. Their reason is their own and none of my business. It may not always be that they're looking for one to give them the answer they want to hear. They may be doing it for some other reason I can't even guess at. Sometimes a sitter gets a positive answer and still asks the same question over again so it's not always that they're doing it to hear what they want to hear.

I think it comes down to the question "Why do I read?" Am I doing it for myself or am I doing it to offer a compassionate service to others? Do I have empathy for my fellow human beings or am I just sitting in judgment on people to feed my own ego? Those can be tough questions.

Holly doll

That happens frequently :)

People want to hear what they think they should rather than what they need to know. Friends of mine work on a psychic line & often someone will ring multiple readers one after another to get the answer they are most comfortable with - almost like "psychic junkies".
Then they will say to one reader that another's answer was "right".

It's not about you in any way; it's about their insecurities & uncertainties...

Barleywine

I left for a while for that very reason. Not the same people asking the same question, but MANY people asking the same question. When I came back I got a paid subscription so I would have other stuff to read. Plus I stuck my oar in the water and started contributing commentary to Your Readings as a way to maybe help tip the scales in a more constructive direction. I still won't touch the "thinks/feels" questions, though, since those are of the "mind-reading" variety that I think are just idle speculation.

Sirena84

I feel for me personally asking the same question over and over is pointless unless circumstances change.. which is by the way why some people appear to be asking the same question but in reality something has changed and they want to know if its effecting the outcome.. however my general point of view on this is that each to their own.. we are different and we are human and have different needs and expectations from tarot or from this forum even..
I don't judge when I read... I just read and hope it will provide some guidance..

Clockwork Ghost

I have a 'tarot jar' that I use to save up for random things, like money to take the kids out to a movie, or to buy lunch or something. Every time I do a reading for myself I put $5 in the jar. This serves two purposes - it makes me think about the reading more, because it just cost $5, and it helps me save for things. It really works wonders - I'm not made of money, so I can't afford to do endless readings, and it helps me develop my reading style so that I explore questions to the fullest.