The Book of The Law Study Group 3.25

ravenest

Perhaps. I never got them 'full of beetles'. 'Beetles' ON them ... well, cockroaches.

Aeon418

it shall become full of beetles as it were

Grigori

This verse seems to me a rejection of Roman Catholic ideas specifically. I'm reminded of the Catholic and Protestant conflicts over the nature of the consecrated host, and if the host is truly the body of Christ and immune to the ravages of time and beetles, or if a symbolic tool only that is as prone to being eaten by mice as any other cracker.

Aeon418

The first part of this verse gives two uses for the ingredients. You can use it as incense and burn it. Or use it as a cookie mixture to make a kind of host. (From the Latin, hostia - Victim.)

The third use seems to be as some sort devotional focus point. Possibly some form of talismanic magic. What is unclear is whether it means the raw ingredient mix, or a Cake of Light. This is to be infused by the "perfume of your orision". I don't think this refers to another incense, but the charged atmosphere created by repeated invocation. (Orison means prayer.)

It shall become full of beetles as it were and creeping things sacred unto me? Personally I don't think this is meant to be taken literally.

Beetles makes me think of Kephra and Atu XVIII The Moon - Qoph. Creeping things is Remes in Hebrew. RMSh = 540.

100 + 540 = 640. Shemesh (ShMSh) - the Sun.

Also (Q - Atu XVIII) + (R - Atu XIX) + (M - Atu XII) + (Sh - Atu XX) = LXIX, 69. The hexagram.

Both obvious solar references, but the beetle symbolism still suggets Atu XVIII to me and the Sun of Midnight. This verse may indicate a method whereby ones "illusory enemies" may by evoked so that they may be slayed and consumed (re-integrated) like the "Heathen" of verse 11.