Promise me?

jdev

That if I take the time to study all these books and invest precious time into the Thoth Tarot that I will be richly rewarded? That my readings will surpass those of Miss Cleo? That I will become the spark that lights a new fire of enlightenment across the world? Please? Please tell me that.

nicky

I can guarantee all of that but the Miss Cleo stuff - that bar is just too high

rachelcat

Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Le Fanu

jdev said:
That if I take the time to study all these books and invest precious time into the Thoth Tarot that I will be richly rewarded? That my readings will surpass those of Miss Cleo? That I will become the spark that lights a new fire of enlightenment across the world? Please? Please tell me that.
I cannot promise anything, but I'd say not listening to people who say "yeah but Crowley's evil" is important along the way.

I'm not sure how to answer your question. I'd say that if you do all those things then, yes - in theory - you should be richly rewarded. The rest I'm not sure about.

It helps if you like the artwork too. In fact I like the artwork more than I like astrology. That's the only aspect of the Thoth that defeats me every time. I'd like DuQuette's next book to be "You Don't Need Astrology to Understand the Thoth."

The thing is, studying the Thoth is such a lifetime quest that at no moment will you be able to sit back and say "that's it. Now I understand it." I speak for myself but I only ever feel part-way there. But it's a good feeling.

jdev

I've never thought of him as evil (although for a while I did have him confused with Anton Lavey, lol.

Tell me, is there a deck that is better than the AG Muller Thoth. I have that one, the regular size. The colors seem so dull. I *do* like the artwork on the cards, *especially* the court cards! They are fabulous. The cups? Meh, not so much. On top of the AG Muller deck being so dull, it is so thin and *slick*. UGH. I need a bright deck with some substance. Any recommendations?

I received Snuffin's book today. I've had The Book of Thoth. DuQuette's should arrive any day, and another one, hang on (had to go look at Amazon) Ziegler's book. They should be here any day.

What I think I am going to do is study RWS Monday through Thursday and Friday through Sunday dedicate my studies to Thoth.

But back to this dull deck... Any recommendations? Anybody have a spare they'd part with?

gregory

You want a blue box Muller from the 90s. Good luck :)

And don't read Ziegler. Just - DON'T.

Until you have the others under your belt and you can use it to giggle over :mad:

Also worship Lillie. That helps. I know this ! She surpasses Miss Cleo AND the entire Psychic Channel. (I watched that once. It frightened me.)

Le Fanu said:
I cannot promise anything, but I'd say not listening to people who say "yeah but Crowley's evil" is important along the way.
You mean- he ISN'T ?

Hot damn, I have been wasting my time here.... :(

jdev

Blue box Muller from the 90's - check (even though it wasn't pictured on the link nicky gave me from tarot garden - unless I missed it).

Gregory - I *must* read it. I spent **MONEY** on it. I will try not to. I promise.

Who is Lillie?

gregory said:
You want a blue box Muller from the 90s. Good luck :)

And don't read Ziegler. Just - DON'T.

Until you have the others under your belt and you can use it to giggle over :mad:

Also worship Lillie. That helps. I know this ! She surpasses Miss Cleo AND the entire Psychic Channel. (I watched that once. It frightened me.)

You mean- he ISN'T ?

Hot damn, I have been wasting my time here.... :(

gregory

jdev said:
Blue box Muller from the 90's - check (even though it wasn't pictured on the link nicky gave me from tarot garden - unless I missed it).
OK I lied. The 1986 one with the asymmetrical box and three magus cards. I am VERY old. And Uncle Al got me.

jdev said:
Gregory - I *must* read it. I spent **MONEY** on it. I will try not to. I promise.
I hope it wasn't much money. I still resent the $1.50 CDN I spent on that... :mad:

Seriously. It is crap. I actually do mean it. There are threads. And any Thothy here will tell you the same, as far as I know (I have yet to see a word posted. in its defence.)

jdev said:
Who is Lillie?
Lillie. Ah, Lillie. The Frog Goddess of SOOD. :D :royal:

But ALSO - though she denies, it - something of a Thoth whiz. It is THE deck that speaks to her. I think she is Uncle Al's personal conduit, myself.

jdev

Gregory,
I lied, too. It seems I just have the USG version of the deck. It says AG Muller on the card backs, though. However, it does have three Magi in it.

I bought it used on Amazon (as I do all my books) so it wasn't very much money. I shan't look at it. I shan't. Maybe it will arrived damaged and I can just get my money back?

Don't get me started on SOOD. I spent an hour and twenty minutes last name trailing threads back to its first one and reading through them all trying to find the purpose of the damned organization and I got so pissed off I had to take a nerve pill. Literally. As you can tell, it's still very raw. I would rather not disgust - oops - Freudian slip - discuss it.