Promise me?

Craxiette

jdev said:
What can I say, a man wants what a man wants. Love 'em and leave 'em? Make me a sandwich and then get the hell out? (not you - the deck)

Now, this kind of humor I do get -I think! (At least I hope for your sake you are joking...or maybe you really like sandwiches and hate women...or did you teach your decks to make you sandwiches??)

jdev said:
You digging up and quoting past posts is a bit stalker-ish. I like it. :)

ROTFL! Digging up?! Geeze, I thought I was brought up in the impatient MTV-generation, but I feel like an old turtle compared to you! :) You wrote that post a couple of days ago, I didn't exactly have to go dig with a shovel, it was fresh in my short term memory bank, and nice and handy to copy only a couple of posts down from the top...but hey that was aeons ago right? lol!

See you around! (maybe?)
/Craxie

gregory

jdev said:
Long story short? I bought the deck on a whim without having any desire for it, bought the accompanying texts when I realized one would need them to get the most of out of the deck,
Not true actually. It CAN be used without reading anything - Lillie did it for ages, and so did I but not as well as she does !

nicky

gregory said:
No no, you love it really :D Ask Nicky !

LOL! I do I do - that said I am a piker when it comes to knowing this deck.
One must be prepared to make it a lifelong mission.

In a perfect world (the new Aeon realized) we could lay down our 9-5s - and spend our time hanging on the beach (by Debra's new home) while sucking down mojitos and contemplating the BOT.

93 :)

jdev

Craxiette said:
Now, this kind of humor I do get -I think! (At least I hope for your sake you are joking...or maybe you really like sandwiches and hate women...or did you teach your decks to make you sandwiches??)

Always a jab along with your camaraderie, eh? In fact, I love women, my mother is one! But after sex (which the joke implied) I usually sent the MAN to go fix my sandwich and then sent him on his way (being gay and all). I used and objectified men, never, ever women. :p (You'll notice I use past tense because many years ago I chose celibacy as part of my spiritual path). Sandwiches are okay, they take a lot of creativity to be stellar and worth the effort now that I've been vegetarian for four years.

ROTFL! Digging up?! Geeze, I thought I was brought up in the impatient MTV-generation, but I feel like an old turtle compared to you! :) You wrote that post a couple of days ago, I didn't exactly have to go dig with a shovel, it was fresh in my short term memory bank, and nice and handy to copy only a couple of posts down from the top...but hey that was aeons ago right? lol!

I like turtles.

See you around! (maybe?)
/Craxie

....crickets chirping....

jdev

gregory said:
Not true actually. It CAN be used without reading anything - Lillie did it for ages, and so did I but not as well as she does !

I never said it couldn't be used without reading anything. I said "one would need them [references] to get the most out of the deck".

Gosh, I never meant to be argumentative so I will say again (without any accompanying thoughts or reasons) I bid you all adieu and hope to see you in other forums here at AT! Many blessings to you all!

Debra

Dammit, jdev, how can you leave just as things are getting really hilarious?

I've had bunches of Thoths. I feel I should have one, what with it being important for tarot history etc. blah blah. And when I squint I do like the artwork.

But I don't like Crowley and don't follow the system and get a kind of icky feeling from the deck.

I have one I've trimmed and I will never sell it or give it away because I am sick of re-buying them each time.

nicky

Debra said:
I've had bunches of Thoths. I feel I should have one, what with it being important for tarot history etc. blah blah. And when I squint I do like the artwork.

That is my take on the TdM ! And futhermore you are right.

In my new Aeon everyone who collects/reads tarot should be required to own at least one RWS, one TdM and one Thoth.

So there.

Debra

I'm depressed that jdev has left :(
Probably snacking on a Little Debbie cake :laugh:

nicky

thats ok we are still here -

In the spirit of the Thoth, would you like some hash cakes?

Not just for breakfast anymore (noting your time)

gregory

Debra said:
I'm depressed that jdev has left :(
Me too.... *weeps* That was getting to be REALLY exciting.