Who bought the incomplete greenie on ebay ?

Le Fanu

What do you mean with the "rich dark blues" one, which year/box? I did`n see it on the tarot garden library. Where can I see a scan?
The one Oink posted is like my German 1986 one. But I also bought an English language green box (2 of Disks) Thoth about 5 years ago and it has lovely colours. I bought another one recently and it was paler. Just the luck of the draw.

But one of my greenies is shockingly green...

Laura Borealis

Here we go... someday I'll have a scanner hooked up again, but till then these will have to do.

Attachments

• greenie_comparison_fools_and_boxes.JPG
    greenie_comparison_fools_and_boxes.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 71
  • greeenie_comparison_lovers_and_backs.JPG
    greeenie_comparison_lovers_and_backs.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 77
  • what_i_have_to_put_up_with_around_here.JPG
    what_i_have_to_put_up_with_around_here.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 68

Laura Borealis

I really love the borderless backs. My ideal Thoth deck would be one with the rich dark colors, borderless backs, and a unicursal hexagram card. I don't really care about those extra Magi (especially now that I have a deck with them) but a Thoth with a unicursal hexagram feels more Thothy to me.

Le Fanu

I really love the borderless backs. My ideal Thoth deck would be one with the rich dark colors, borderless backs, and a unicursal hexagram card. I don't really care about those extra Magi (especially now that I have a deck with them) but a Thoth with a unicursal hexagram feels more Thothy to me.
And my ideal Thoth would be all of that, but with 3 Magi and no unicursal Hexagram cards (I mean, who cares anyway }))

Laura Borealis

What about the Harpo Marx Fool? I want to see a deck with THAT as an extra card. :D

daphne

Here's a scan of my greenie vs. my '86 Swiss.

Thank you very much! Your greenie is pale one, isn`t it, I mean not "broccoli"-type?

daphne

Here we go... someday I'll have a scanner hooked up again, but till then these will have to do.

Thank you for the pictures, I like them. Wow, your greenie looks Green. :)

I checked all Thoth now on ebay and there is one bidder (I think is the same who got the incomplete one Gregory asked in the first place with this thread, I can see only the first and last letter of his/her name) that bids (and win) for all the greenies and other old Thoth`s. I guess it is sort of good investment or something...

daphne

Which one is with the rich dark colors? Is it the one you used to compare in the pictures?

daphne

The one Oink posted is like my German 1986 one. But I also bought an English language green box (2 of Disks) Thoth about 5 years ago and it has lovely colours. I bought another one recently and it was paler. Just the luck of the draw.

But one of my greenies is shockingly green...

So, it is just the lucky strike to get one with nice colors...

Can we see the shockingly green one?

Laura Borealis

Which one is with the rich dark colors? Is it the one you used to compare in the pictures?

I mean like the right-hand one in Oink's pictures. But I don't know if there's a particular box or print version to aim for to make sure to get darker colors... someone else might know more about the probabilities involved. Le Fanu perhaps, or gregory.

Now I want to go check out this greedy eBay bidder.