Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Un-Magickal Record of The Great Beast 666

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot


 
Strange2's Avatar
Strange2  Strange2 is offline
Explore > Wonder < Repeat
 
Join Date: 05 Aug 2001
Location: Northbrook IL / Woodland Valley Ranch AZ - USA
Posts: 994
Strange2 
Un-Magickal Record of The Great Beast 666


Those interested in Crowley might want to check out a new book being released soon:

The Un-Magickal Record of The Great Beast 666

http://www.quicksilver.uk.com/RTC/TUMR.htm

Part One:
A – Occult Pulp Faction – Introduction by Sandy Robertson
B – New Sinister Revelations of the Ipsissimus of Infamy
C – The Great Beast is dead. Long live the Great Beast
D – Tabloid Gematria and red-top Kabbalah for the masses
E – The Joy of 666
F – Anarchy in the Crowley
G – It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine
H – Competition Page – Where's AL D'oh!
I – Who are you calling a cult?

In Part Two, it features some reproductions of rare articles relating to Crowley from various magazines between 1939 and 1982.
Top   #1
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2 View Post
Those interested in Crowley might want to check out a new book being released soon:

The Un-Magickal Record of The Great Beast 666

http://www.quicksilver.uk.com/RTC/TUMR.htm

Part One:
A – Occult Pulp Faction – Introduction by Sandy Robertson
B – New Sinister Revelations of the Ipsissimus of Infamy
C – The Great Beast is dead. Long live the Great Beast
D – Tabloid Gematria and red-top Kabbalah for the masses
E – The Joy of 666
F – Anarchy in the Crowley
G – It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine
H – Competition Page – Where's AL D'oh!
I – Who are you calling a cult?

In Part Two, it features some reproductions of rare articles relating to Crowley from various magazines between 1939 and 1982.
Hmm, I hope they don't take all of the non-magickal junk from the Equinox of the Gods and stick it in a book. My brother has the last Weiser reprint and says it has advertising and other drivel in it since it was, in fact, a periodical. Makes me glad I have the "Gems" compilation.
Top   #2
ravenest's Avatar
ravenest  ravenest is offline
ravenator
 
Join Date: 02 Feb 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 13,835
ravenest 

"Between 1875 and 1947, the totality of history passed through the eye of a needle that was Aleister Crowley. A thousand years from now, as Mankind basks in the sunshine of Crowleyanity, social and economic historians will trace the cataclysmic fall of the great empire of Western Capitalism back to one man - An extraordinary man who, alone, defined the formless discontent permeating his world. A man who marshaled this chaotic energy and empowered its source with a single ‘thought-tool' of sufficient potency to tear down the vast edifice of an empire set in stone for approximately 13,000 years. A man who changed the world with four words - A man named Aleister Crowley." From: www.quicksilver.uk.com/RTC/TUMR.htm

Oh COME ON NOW!!!
Top   #3
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
"Between 1875 and 1947, the totality of history passed through the eye of a needle that was Aleister Crowley. A thousand years from now, as Mankind basks in the sunshine of Crowleyanity, social and economic historians will trace the cataclysmic fall of the great empire of Western Capitalism back to one man - An extraordinary man who, alone, defined the formless discontent permeating his world. A man who marshaled this chaotic energy and empowered its source with a single ‘thought-tool' of sufficient potency to tear down the vast edifice of an empire set in stone for approximately 13,000 years. A man who changed the world with four words - A man named Aleister Crowley." From: www.quicksilver.uk.com/RTC/TUMR.htm

Oh COME ON NOW!!!
Indeed. And he leaped the Great Pyramid with a single bound. Almost sounds like a bit of Crowleyan self-promotion, but methinks even he had more circumspection than this. If this is in fact his own bombast, then it's too bad that needle never reached his mouth
Top   #4
Aeon418's Avatar
Aeon418  Aeon418 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Sep 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,342
Aeon418 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Hmm, I hope they don't take all of the non-magickal junk from the Equinox of the Gods and stick it in a book. My brother has the last Weiser reprint and says it has advertising and other drivel in it since it was, in fact, a periodical. Makes me glad I have the "Gems" compilation.
There's advertising in the The Equinox of the Gods? If so I've never seen it. I think you must mean The Equinox.

Yes, the Weiser reprint contains all the original adverts. Personally I don't mind. It's like a little snap-shot of history.
Top   #5
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon418 View Post
There's advertising in the The Equinox of the Gods? If so I've never seen it. I think you must mean The Equinox.

Yes, the Weiser reprint contains all the original adverts. Personally I don't mind. It's like a little snap-shot of history.
Oops, since I don't personally own it (my brother does), I "mis-nomered." You're right.
Top   #6




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.