Good quality RWS deck?

Alpha-Omega

do you have a link to this deck

Richard

......I just ordered the PCS set as they seem to be getting hard to find. Book Depository had none and Amazon wanted a fortune for shipping!

You won't regret getting the deck. It's a beautiful thing. Nice, heavy card stock. Good color and printing. Now that I have it, I can't bring myself to use any other deck. The set is rather large and heavy, what with the deck, two books, and an elaborate box. That's probably why the Amazon shipping charge is so high.

Winterchild

You won't regret getting the deck. It's a beautiful thing. Nice, heavy card stock. Good color and printing. Now that I have it, I can't bring myself to use any other deck. The set is rather large and heavy, what with the deck, two books, and an elaborate box. That's probably why the Amazon shipping charge is so high.

Thanks L Richard.... hey take a look at the review I posted just now.... what do you think if this guys opinion? Its kind of a little offputting.... I wish it had those Tudor Rose backs though...

ETA... The guys confused... he thinks it should be like the Radiant version... personally I dont like that half as much.... oh dear you gotta laugh.... what are we like!

Winterchild

Link

Just found this video comparing the varioius RWS decks... just watching so cant comment on how good it is......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkGf4rxNBjw

ETA This from a reviewer on Amazon:

"Having used a French deck for the last twenty-six years, I thought I would try the Rider Waite deck. When I got them, imagine my surprise and disgust when "© US GAMES" is printed on the front of each card! Though in small print, it is quite legible and very much unwelcomed. Additionally, the reproduction herein is not accurate nor is it very well done. There is an English Rider version of this deck that is *so* much better.
Pass on this version and get the English version instead. "

I am sooooooo confused......

Richard

Thanks L Richard.... hey take a look at the review I posted just now.... what do you think if this guys opinion? Its kind of a little offputting.... I wish it had those Tudor Rose backs though...

ETA... The guys confused... he thinks it should be like the Radiant version... personally I dont like that half as much.... oh dear you gotta laugh.... what are we like!

The Radiant is not a good reconstruction. For a redrawing, the Universal Waite is much better.

I think the guy has an axe to grind. Didn't he even ridicule having Strength as 8 and Justice as 11? And his tone of voice was sarcastic and jeering. Watching the thing was not pleasant.

It is true that the resolution is a little low in the PCS, but I think that is deliberate, in order to minimize the defects of whatever original printing they used.

Oh, well, Tarot people are often very opinionated and prejudiced.

In the other video, the decks were not the best printings available. I have an excellent Belgian printing of a pocket RWS, and a nice Chinese mini, both having rich, vibrant colors. Also I have a Belgian German edition of the Albano-Waite which is excellent, and a Belgian French RWS which is better than the regular USG deck, although some of the faces are severely sunburned.

All in all, if one wants a good RWS, it would be very hard to find anything better than the PCS.

gregory

The one with no copyrights on would have to be a used one. That is how US Games do it now, and that is the way life is :( Even the commemorative one they put out has them on. Their very first - the ACTUAL 1971 print, yellow box, but you have to be able to see the cards to be sure, has none...

What you are looking for (if you can find one - they come up on ebay a lot) is the blue box one someone here thought you meant. Published by Rider (hence the name that has stuck !)

Here's one to see how they look -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pre...627?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aba6ed53b

though I think the price is WAY too high.

A really good site for info is Holly's - here. Though oddly - the blue box one doesn't seem to be there. :confused:

Many don't find the copyright thing that intrusive - and of the easily available ones, I'd go with the Commemorative too.