Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

The "Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot" - Thoth Based Deck

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot


 
SashaCY's Avatar
SashaCY  SashaCY is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Sep 2015
Location: mexico city
Posts: 159
SashaCY 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
I've never managed to love a Thoth-based deck more than the Thoth. Some are interesting. I am drawn to a number of them - the Liber T, the Via and the Magickal - but it's the Thoth I go back to again and again. I think only the Magickal has held my attention across the years, but not overtaken the Thoth.

I understand the case for fitting the Ceccolli into this framework, but at the end of the day I really can't see it. Plus the artwork was created before the tarot deck so the artist herself would have to be Thoth-obsessed in her artwork which LoS then snipped up in all the right places.

No, I take the Ceccolli on its own terms. And I love it for that. The deck is superb. For me, it is the best LoS deck in years. What I love about it is not having to fit it into any kind of scheme or system.

ETA; Zephyros - is that you closrapexa?
What is a LoS deck? (Sorry not familiar with the acronyms yet)
I love these discussions. I'm learning so much! Thank you all.
Top   #11
thorhammer's Avatar
thorhammer  thorhammer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2007
Location: Running
Posts: 19,764
thorhammer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaCY View Post
What is a LoS deck? (Sorry not familiar with the acronyms yet)
I love these discussions. I'm learning so much! Thank you all.
Lo Scarabeo is an (excellent) Italian publisher of Tarot and oracle decks. I didn't know they'd published a version of the Thoth either, so I've learnt something as well.
Top   #12
SashaCY's Avatar
SashaCY  SashaCY is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Sep 2015
Location: mexico city
Posts: 159
SashaCY 

Thanks!
Top   #13
Zephyros's Avatar
Zephyros  Zephyros is offline
Jedi
 
Join Date: 31 Jan 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 8,179
Zephyros 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaCY View Post
What is a LoS deck? (Sorry not familiar with the acronyms yet)
I love these discussions. I'm learning so much! Thank you all.
It can be difficult getting up to speed with abbreviations, but since they're used constantly you'll get it in no time. Look at this thread for a list of the most commonly used ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer View Post
Lo Scarabeo is an (excellent) Italian publisher of Tarot and oracle decks. I didn't know they'd published a version of the Thoth either, so I've learnt something as well.
I think Le Fanu was talking about the Ceccolli. What with the whole OTO copyright issues, I highly doubt Lo Scarabeo publishes their own version. From what I've read, it's a miracle the deck is being published anywhere at all, by anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
ETA; Zephyros - is that you closrapexa?
'tis I, I've turned into a Greek god.
Top   #14
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer View Post
Lo Scarabeo is an (excellent) Italian publisher of Tarot and oracle decks. I didn't know they'd published a version of the Thoth either, so I've learnt something as well.
They haven't. (Have they? ) What LeFanu is referring to is that all or at least most of the images in the Ceccoli deck are taken from existing paintings, not created specifically for a Tarot deck. They did a great job, IMHO. I don't know if they wanted to make a Thoth-leaning deck, but they sure made an interesting one.
Top   #15
thorhammer's Avatar
thorhammer  thorhammer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2007
Location: Running
Posts: 19,764
thorhammer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
They haven't. (Have they? ) What LeFanu is referring to is that all or at least most of the images in the Ceccoli deck are taken from existing paintings, not created specifically for a Tarot deck. They did a great job, IMHO. I don't know if they wanted to make a Thoth-leaning deck, but they sure made an interesting one.
I was skimming found a Thoth in their 2015 catalogue...but on closer inspection it's copyrighted to AGM and is the Italian edition. So I guess, reselling for their local market.
Top   #16
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer View Post
I was skimming found a Thoth in their 2015 catalogue...but on closer inspection it's copyrighted to AGM and is the Italian edition. So I guess, reselling for their local market.
They do a lot of reselling these days
Top   #17




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.