Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

size preference of Thoth cards

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Citizen

velvetina 
size preference of Thoth cards

I hope this question isn't too trite!

I read with the Thoth a lot, and almost always use a trimmed large deck. To me, it seems a perfect size.

I'm wondering how many people prefer the medium, or even the smaller size Thoth?

I was thinking of buying a medium deck, to replace my shabbier working deck, and not bothering with the trimming this time - they look great, but start to split far sooner than the untrimmed decks.

This led to a chat with my tarot colleague (another Thoth devotee!) about large vs medium....and just wondered what others preferred!

I personally don't know anyone who uses the medium or small, even though shuffling is hard for clients. I wonder if it is because the larger version is considered to be more dramatic and imposing?
Top   #1
Citizen

McFaire 

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetina View Post
I hope this question isn't too trite!

I read with the Thoth a lot, and almost always use a trimmed large deck. To me, it seems a perfect size.

I'm wondering how many people prefer the medium, or even the smaller size Thoth?

I was thinking of buying a medium deck, to replace my shabbier working deck, and not bothering with the trimming this time - they look great, but start to split far sooner than the untrimmed decks.

This led to a chat with my tarot colleague (another Thoth devotee!) about large vs medium....and just wondered what others preferred!

I personally don't know anyone who uses the medium or small, even though shuffling is hard for clients. I wonder if it is because the larger version is considered to be more dramatic and imposing?
Small, or a trimmed medium, is good for study and contemplation when you want to lay out many cards at once. Trimmed large is great for clients or contemplating a single card.
Top   #2
Fanged Terror

devilkitty 

I have all three sizes, and the large in both trimmed and untrimmed versions.

The trimmed large gets 90% of my Thoth time.
Top   #3

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.