16 subelements of emotion

Always Wondering

Okay I took the test. I am a INFP.

Maybe this will give me some perspective.

AW

Teheuti

Vayu - The Aerial Principle, symbolized by a circle of clear blue, the air being obviously a sphere of blue colour. (Eagle?)

Tejas, the Principle of Light and Heat, symbolized by a triangle of flame red, the shape and colour being both obviously appropriate. (Lion?)

Apas - Watery Principle, symbolized by a crescent in silver, alluding to the Moon as ruler of the waters. (Man?)

Prithivi - the Earthy Principle, symbolized by a square form of a yellow color; the stability of earth being denoted by the square or cube; since the perfect form of earth according to the alchemists is gold, the colour yellow is appropriate. (Bull?)
The association with the tattvas is certainly another way to look at this, as each of the elemental combinations (not including Akasha, as you said) are related to the Court Cards. One clarification: in the Golden Dawn system, Water is related to the Eagle—one of the symbols of Scorpio, a Water sign, and Air is related to the Man's head as the figure of Aquarius, an Air sign.

Skrying with the tattvas can be used as a way to enter the inner, astral landscape of each of the Court Cards. It's a fascinating process because the complementary colors used on the cards for skrying actually throw you into that astral realm, which some writers have claimed is quite dangerous. Personally, I found it rather trippy - who needs psychedelics when you have tattvas? But, seriously, it can be very profound.

Aeon418

For the first time in my life I am cultivating an awareness of breath, posture, and so on, and having good results with some of my body/mind issues. So why won't she play with the rest of the team?
Probably because the game doesn't interest or fulfil her enough. She's too active to sit around. She needs to earth her energy in some way. She wants to express herself and manifest that big letter Yod on the card. Possibly through something creative or artistic. And if she doesn't get her way she might start lighting fires in your mind just for the fun of it.

The Princess of Wands is an individualistic and creative artist. But if her avenues of expression are blocked she is likely to become non-conformist and rebellious. But give her some crayons to play with and she will sit still with all the other kids. :laugh:
Okay I took the test. I am a INFP.
INTJ. :D

Barleywine

The association with the tattvas is certainly another way to look at this, as each of the elemental combinations (not including Akasha, as you said) are related to the Court Cards. One clarification: in the Golden Dawn system, Water is related to the Eagle—one of the symbols of Scorpio, a Water sign, and Air is related to the Man's head as the figure of Aquarius, an Air sign.

Skrying with the tattvas can be used as a way to enter the inner, astral landscape of each of the Court Cards. It's a fascinating process because the complementary colors used on the cards for skrying actually throw you into that astral realm, which some writers have claimed is quite dangerous. Personally, I found it rather trippy - who needs psychedelics when you have tattvas? But, seriously, it can be very profound.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew that Scorpio(Water)/Eagle was one of the attributions as shown in several of the other Thoth trumps, but wasn't sure it extended that far into the symbolism for this particular card. I'm taking another look at the images in that light, especially the more muddled ones. It looks like the Bull(Ox) sphinx is still going to be the most challenging one since the "counter-changing" of the parts isn't cleanly demarcated.

Agreed on the skrying aspect. Somewhere in my pile of books I have some very nice color plates of the Tattvas, but I certainly couldn't find them when I went looking yesterday (or maybe it was in the wee hours of this morning while I was pondering this stuff :))

Barleywine

The sphinxes are obviously of mixed elements.

The elements are the basis of early medicine, with the humours, and early psychology, with the temperaments—which could today be equated with emotions. Each of the sixteen Court Cards is a combination of elements/temperaments: The Earthy part of Water, etc. As someone mentioned, the Myers-Briggs Types are a good example of this.

Synchronistically, 16 = 1 + 6 = 7 = The Chariot. [Don't you think Crowley knew that!]

Case, in "The Tarot," talks about "mythological allusions" to the five senses and doesn't elaborate beyond that (at least that I could find quickly), but the sphinxes he's discussing are the two of the RWS deck and have none of this four-fold "counter-changing" into the 16 sub-elements. Just a side comment, not entirely germane.

Always Wondering

Probably because the game doesn't interest or fulfil her enough. She's too active to sit around.

She needs to earth her energy in some way. She wants to express herself and manifest that big letter Yod on the card. Possibly through something creative or artistic. And if she doesn't get her way she might start lighting fires in your mind just for the fun of it.

This is helpful. I halfway had it. I kept thinking in terms of movement for some reason.

The Princess of Wands is an individualistic and creative artist. But if her avenues of expression are blocked she is likely to become non-conformist and rebellious. But give her some crayons to play with and she will sit still with all the other kids. :laugh:

Funny. I didn't want to give her too much negative attention, but ignoring her didn't work. I didn't think of crayons. I think I get it now.

A rarity according to wikki. But I already knew that. ;)

AW

Teheuti

A rarity according to wikki. But I already knew that. ;)
Actually, the INs including INTJ are not as rare as is officially claimed. I don't know where they did their original research to get their results, but if you google MBTI Polls, you'll find that people on the net come in strongly as INs in every field surveyed.

Check out our own poll here at Aeclectic:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=12143&highlight=MBTI+Poll

INTJ is third from the highest, although there are almost twice as many INFJs.

Aeon418

Actually, the INs including INTJ are not as rare as is officially claimed. I don't know where they did their original research to get their results, but if you google MBTI Polls, you'll find that people on the net come in strongly as INs in every field surveyed.
An online survey is sort of stacking the deck though. If there is one place where you are guaranteed to find lots of INs, it's the Internet.

Aeon418

I didn't want to give her too much negative attention, but ignoring her didn't work.
No, ignoring her won't work. She's the part of you that tries to manifest the fiery seed potential latent in the Ace of Wands. This is why in a divinatory context the card usually indicates a person who is freedom-loving, independent, inspiring, creative/artistic, unique, enthusiastic, and possibly somewhat irrational.

As good as breath work is, it may be a bit too placid for this particular aspect of yourself. So you may have to find a something a bit more active/creative that allows your inner Princess of Wands to do her thing. What that may be I don't know. But you can guarantee it will be something unique to you.

Just an observation on the card itself. Note that the Princess wears the plumes of Maat. In her balanced manifestation she embodies all the qualities mentioned above. She is leaping into the flames completely naked indicating her sense of total freedom. The rams head altar and the solar wand are emblamatic of her inspiring and empowering nature. But she has a (sleeping?) tiger by the tail, and this speaks of a possibly darker aspect to the Princess that reminds me of the many stories we hear about the negative side of great and inspiring people. Often they attract people like moths to a flame, and many of them end up getting burnt. (Crowley is a good example. ;)) The Princess of Wands is a wonderful person while she's wearing the Plumes of Maat. But cross her and she's a real self-absorbed drama queen full of vindictive revenge, spite, and selfishness. Note how her outward and expressive qualities turn inwards when her more negative aspect appears.

Also great artists and thinkers throughout history have often been seen as rebels of their time. This reminds me of the Princess of Wands who meets with opposition.

Always Wondering

Well, since I did pull the whole card, I suspect I should consider the darker aspects as well. Perhaps she is telling me more than I realized. The Thoth does that to me. Ask a simple question. . .

:laugh:

I appreciate your feedback.

AW