Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

The Moon as feelings

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Citizen

Awakened Queen 

I was always taught that when the Moon appears in a reading regarding two people, it points to karmic ties. So maybe he feels a strong pull to you that he doesn't understand. Maybe you affect him in ways he's confused about. Maybe he sees you in a reflection, instead of who you are.
Top   #11
Citizen

onesun 

The Moon is not a light source in and of itself. It is reflecting the light of the Sun (Will), so the reflected light is dim. Symbolically this represents awareness of the power of Self Will is not clear. It is dim, murky, and diffused. This leaves a state of confusion, or fear, as thoughts and feelings are not understood with any real clarity. This is why The Moon is sometimes called 'the lunatic card'. So this card has a great deal to do with fear in general. The BOT references The Moon as "She is the poisoned darkness which is the condition of the rebirth of light."

In a relationship reading, as with any reading, surrounding cards give context as to what the Moon may be pointing to. If the Moon happens to show up with the Sun, then I read that as a 'karmic' context as both cards (reflector and source) are then reflecting one to the other.

Duquette says The Moon could show 'the brink of important change'. I think this is because of the moon's inherent waxing/waning cycle but this is my personal opinion.

Duquette also gives some other key word descriptions: illusion, deception, bewilderment, hysteria, dreaminess, 'darkest hour before the dawn'.
Top   #12

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.