2 of Swords & 2 of Pentacles

Andissm

Hi. I'm a new student of Tarot (have been studying Tarot for about a month now). I've been reading threads on AT for a few weeks now, and I think that AT is a great place for me to learn more about Tarot. I am pretty familiar with most of the cards, but at times I just do not understand what the cards are trying to tell me.

I have been getting 2 of Swords and 2 of Pentacles right next to each other in most of my readings recently, and I'm having a hard time interpreting what it means. Can I get some insight from other members, please?

contradiction

your right this is a great place to learn. now for your question, to me the 2 swords, refers to a balance. finding a balance, or things already being balanced depending on the cards around it. it could also refer to going into things blindly, but guarding what you have. the two of pents, is a juggling act. at the moment you are being successful, although things are about to get out of hand. but, if you are careful you will manage to stay in control. with the two coming up together, i would say it is about time for you to step back and take a look at what is going on in your life, and see if there is anything that you could let go of. or at least organize better.
hope this helps.
contradiction

MichelleS

The blindfold on the 2 swords figure might indicate that you are not really seeing the true picture. The 2 pentacles indicates a juggling of resources....a "just about managing to make something work" situation....but the 2 swords might be advising you to take off the blindfold. This would allow you to see a situation more clearly and get closer to a real solution, one that would do more than simply allow you to just get by. However, while the current situation can be maintained by the "juggling" the incentive to take off the blindfold might not be very strong. So a holding situation results-the status quo is maintained but this might not be the best approach to take long term.

noby

Lately, I have been studying the RWS to see the qualities which are shared by cards with the same numerical value.

I have found it interesting to compare the pip cards of a certain number with the Major Arcana card of the same number. With the Twos, we look to the High Priestess in the Major Arcana. I see one of the High Priestess' main functions as seeing. Quietly, patiently, she sits and sees things, underlying things, which we normally do not see.

In the Twos in the Minor Arcana, I see one of the unifying themes as the initial encounter with things, as well as the first moment of seeing something. Yet whereas the High Priestess sees deeply and clearly, without the filter of her ego, the Minors reflect how things are initially seen, with a filter slanted towards the element of each suit.

In the Two of Swords, the initial way of seeing and responding to life's struggles is to defend against them, to block out painful emotions with the intellect. In the Two of Pentacles, the initial way of responding is to simply take on and juggle things as they come, approaching them directly and concretely. (In the Two of Wands, the fiery adventurous spirit of Wands responds to life by looking to how to break free of one's boundaries and set out in the world. In the Two of Cups, the initial emotional response to others is infatuation and a deep desire to connect.)

Perhaps you are setting out on a new venture (perhaps the tarot itself)? Perhaps you are struggling with how to approach something initially. Perhaps part of you looks to defend yourself and use an intellectual approach, while another part of you simply wants to tackle and juggle things as they come, with no specific "plan of attack." Using the tarot as an example, perhaps one part of you wants to approach it initially by studying as much and as thoroughly as possible, while another part just wants to dive right in to using the cards.

Two - we have two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, two hands. How do you see things? How do you perceive things? How we perceive things is how we experience things. There is an objective world, but our experience of it is subjective, dependent on the unique filters each of us has for our unique lenses. We create our world through our vision of it. Perhaps something is pointing you to how you fundamentally approach things. How do you make your own world?

Andissm

Thank you for your posts. Your replies have shed some light on my previous confusion, and now I think I understand what the 2 of Swords and 2 of Pentacles were trying to tell me.

I'm seeing 2 of Swords as my inability to confront my landlord about my living situation. And 2 of Pentacles is me "juggling finances" because of my inability to make a decision about my living situation. Thank you again.