What Oracle decks do you consider must haves?

sprite23

I have Healing with the Angels (Virtue) and My very favorite......Froud's Faerie's Oracle.

DarkElectric

I just got the Druid Animal Oracle, and can't wait to open the box (I mean I JUST got it...)
I have both the fairy ring and the Froud's Faerie oracles. I use the Fairy Ring to read with. I don't read with the Froud, however, but love the artwork.

tatsi

Oracles I consider must-haves

For a list of my Oracle deck must-haves, see the 'Favourites' part in my Profile. My Profile also includes a list of the Tarot and Oracle decks in my collection.

tatsi

raeanne

Hi all,
Here's my short list of MUST HAVE oracle decks:

Runes – actual runes or runes cards either one or both whichever you prefer

I Ching – coins, yarrow sticks, or cards, whichever you prefer

Medicine Cards/Druid Animal Cards – both of these are good and I can’t choose one over the other

Fairy Ring/Faeries Oracle – both of these are good and I can’t choose one over the other

Soul Cards 1 & 2 – both decks are a must

Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards – one of the best Native American decks

Oracle of the Dreamtime – a great round deck that gives very in depth readings

Cerridwen

I have just 2 Healing With The Fairies and The Fairy Ring..

I must admit I found The Fairy Ring harder to get along with and Healing with the Fairies remains my favourite

Oops nearly forgot I also have the Goddess Guidance one not had that one long.

WolfyJames

I'm copying what I wrote elsewhere...

As for my oracles, I would suggest: cartomancy, I-Ching (or Yi-King?), Petit Lenormand, runes, mah-jong, sibilla. Why? Because they have history. These are basic tools of divination that have been here for centuries for many countries. When you use them, it's like going back in time and touching an old wisdom. There are probably more but these are the ones I know. I think when you want to use oracles, it's important to study a little these ones and see if you like them or not (I ended up not liking I-Ching - or Yi-King; as for runes I'm so-so). There are many books on these tools, except for Petit LeNormand and sibilla. I have many more oracles, but it's a matter of personal choice for the others.

mercenary30

New to Oracles

I am kind of a tarot snob, and I have not put much into oracles.

But over the past 6 months or so I have aquired some.

Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards are really nice and the book does such a wonderful job of explaining the meanings and the legends behind them.

I also have the Way of Cartouche Cards which makes for some great tandem readings with Egyptian tarot cards.

I just received the Druid Animal Oracle and I fully intend on tandem reading them with the Druid Craft Tarot.

I have the Madame Endora Fortune cards on the way for tandem reading with my Gothic Tarot from Vargo!!!

CloeCat

I love my Druid Animal Oracle and my Gypsy Fortunes Cards. The Healing with Fairies oracle is great for reading with kids.

the must the for me Druid Animal Oracle!!!

loud PURRRS,
CloeCat

Cerulean

Oh oh...another for the list...

I had thought to get Will Worthington's Druid Animal Oracle, but the Odin's Journey cards had a great many animals...thanks to Tygereyes, I found many deer...and I was glad to see swans, ravens, dark elves...there was enough so that my childish cheer at some familiarity with "The White Stag" and "Tolkien-style" stories revived with glee. Among the lovely Nordic gods and goddesses with Swedish coloring, there's some blends of archetypical characters that can remind one of similiarites with other pantheons (a sun goddess!).

A three-card reading for a friendly visit with those who enjoy tarot and oracle decks resulted in a nice chat about a teacher's dream to visit Barcelona...she was already gearing up her savings and studies to focus on this goal and dream and we chatted on ideas...I had a recent book that I bought about cycling through Italy, so we compared warm-drenched dreams and thoughts on how we would build toward similar goals.

Since Odin's Journey cards are 80 cards with different characters and ideas and a one-word to two-word summary on the scene being depicted, it had great flexibility for this reading. The flexibility allowed for discussion on what such words might mean as a reflection of hopes and preparation, etc...a friendly conversation and I was happy to have received the deck so fast. I had ordered it only five days ago at a discount...thinking it would be nice to have for the meet-up group and also for a trip back to in-laws...

Regards,

Cerulean

NightWing

More Favourite Oracles

My main interest is in my collection of Tarot decks, but along the way I've been hijacked now and then by an Oracle deck that I just had to have. Usually it is the artwork that grabs me (which is such a personal matter of taste!). My favourites these days are as follows:

1. The I-Ching Pack (Gill/Clark) - now OOP, the watercolour art of this deck overwhelmed me to the point of tracking down another set, "just in case".

2. I-Ching Holitzka - Quite different in their spartaness, I found the simple black, red, and gold on white paintings to be striking, lovely, and effective.

3. Karma Angels - an unusual deck from Lo Scarabeo, with rich colours and done in the style of Byzantine icons, this deck had a great deal of appeal for me, a lover of Orthodox Christian art. Beautiful, vivid, and deep. Rather like the LS Golden Tarot of the Tsar.

4. Greenman "Tree Oracle" - lovely artwork, and using it was like taking a walk in a very deep, very old, very green primeval forest...before the hand of man was there.(I say "man" deliberately)

I have others, and more will come along, but these "top" my list.

Happy reading.
-NightWing