Moon in outcome position

Lysh

wind said:
I had a Moon as an outcome for my friend's relationship reading.

What was happening and is still happening is that the guy is not clear on what kind of relationship he wants to have, they are together, but he doesn't want to "officially" call it a couple, they spend many hours together, they see each other every day, he is not cheating on her, he is thoughtful and considerate but on the other hand he can be distant and mysterious - and he doesn't want to call this a "couple". Which drives my friend mad because she is in the years when she wants to seriously start thinking about a family and she is very much in love with him - but totally confused if this relationship has a future. She cannot break up with him because he gives her that much of attention so she still keeps her feelings alive, but on the other hand he is totally evasive, unclear, doesn't want to truly commit, etc.

Really a Moon type of things:)

Yeah, I had a similar relationship and don't I know how that feels!! ha And yes, the moon card came up for me too in this particular relationship. There are so many layers to this card and even with the surrounding I would have trouble deciphering it. In hindsight when I look back at my notes, I can say it was pointing too confusion and the need to step back and let my intution guide me to the truth of the situation. Sometimes learning about this cards and combinations just come with time, notes, and hindsight!

moderndayruth

I just came across this thread, as i got the Moon in relationship's reading (in pos. of outcome) and wanted to check what others say...
Fudugazi said:
Well it can be about romance and beauty. It can be about enchantment. It can be about delusion. It can be about having your periods and feeling out of sorts. It can also be the tarot giving you the finger :rolleyes:.
Thirteen said:
Does he love you? YES...by the light of the Moon. Is there a relationship? YES...by the light of the Moon. Will there be wild, passionate lovemaking? YES...by the light of the Moon.
FaireMaiden said:
I agree with wytchwood... The Moon, for me, is the one card in the deck that says, 'Not Now, No Answer, No How', *lol*

These are classics! :thumbsup:

The Fish

willowfox said:
'how will my relationship turn out with X''? Outcome Moon,

It will end in confusion.

What an old post to come up, but as it has, I had to read it, and I can agree with WF on this as an experience I had. A very watery, illusive type of confusion, a relationship that was quite mysterious, enchanting, romantic, full of feeling but nothing solid to hang onto - very moon in feeling in every aspect.

moderndayruth

The Fish said:
A very watery, illusive type of confusion, a relationship that was quite mysterious, enchanting, romantic, full of feeling but nothing solid to hang onto - very moon in feeling in every aspect.
I do know what you mean... but some relationships are better like that. ;)

hypnotizedeyes

thanks! v informative

SunChariot

In a relationship reading with the Moon as outcome, I assume It's not a positive one. As the Moon is about hidden truths, illusions, fears etc.

Or is there a positive side too? Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

That is one meaning people have for it. It's not the one I personally use. The Moon, for me, means romance. That is the only meaning I have for it. I don't use the meanings you mentioned at all for The Moon. The Moon is just about romance and romantic feelings for me. Full moon=romance. So yes, for me, if it came up in a relationship reading it would be a positive card.

Babs

Cosik

I believe in symbolic ambivalence, so I use this principle in the symbolism of the tarot cards too. So the Moon it may be good or not.
The Sun card, for example, is generally understood as a good card. Says your road is clear, speak to success, happiness, show the answer that you need to know, say that you are honoring your true self, etc. But the Sun can blind you too. If you look directly to the Sun you get blind – The Exaltation of Ego.
Like Berrieh said, a card interpretation “depends a lot on the cards around it”. And this same interpretation should be based on the plane of the question too (fisical, emotional, mental or spiritual). As an outcome, and in the emocional level, the Moon could speaks about unrealistic feelings, that something is not as it appears to be, lies, or that your lover is cheating on you.
In North Hemisphere, especially here in Portugal, we use to call the moon a liar because when the moon is in shape of a C (“Crescente” in portuguese) the moon Decrease, when the moon is in shape of a D (“Decrescente” or “Minguante” in portuguese) the moon Crescent.
So as an outcome in love and relationship readings, the Moon probably couldn’t be good.

I found an interesting approach to the connection between the Moon and minor arcana (hints) by Giancarlo Kind Schmid a brasilian tarot reader and an expert in the study of symbolism.

The Moon get stronger in the material plane if accompanied by a positive Pentacle card. The shady side of the Moon is expressed through thefts, strange losses, some of them by distraction or negligence.
Generally:

Positive

Moon + Ace of Pentacles – fertile, potencial profits, fruitful ground;
Moon + 03 of Pentacles – imminent solutions on your profits;
Moon + 06 of Pentacles – material hidden assistance. You need to be careful with who is helping you;
Moon + 07 of Pentacles – ground preparation for new investments and opportunities;
Moon + 08 of Pentacles – laboriousness, you need take care with the people around you;
Moon + 09 of Pentacles – reward for what you've done in the past;
Moon + 10 of Pentacles – success and fulfillment, maximising resources or earnings;

Negative

Moon + 02 of Pentacles – be deflected by material setbacks, financial instability, small losses.
Moon + 04 of Pentacles – “keep the money under the mattress”…
Moon + 05 of Pentacles – financial losses, losses, theft of valuable item;

Generally, the minor arcana should be consistent to give stability to the Moon. Like the Wheel of Fortune, with her cycles, the Moon need a strong card too give her direction and purpose. Otherwise increase vulnerability.
Its important to remember the significantly influence of the spreads and positions in the cards interpretation.

Moon with Swords, depending on the card, could be dangerous. Moon with Cups becomes too dissolute. Moon with Wands reveal the hidden things.

Sorry about my English ☺

R.