the As Official As It Can Get Guide To The Pixie Lenormand Deck

starlightexp

I've been getting a good number of questions from people about where some things in the cards came from or what they mean in the image. I had originally planned to do a proper little white book with the deck detailing the images but as so many people wanted the story that was written in the thread I let that be the book with the deck. Here are some notes about where things came from and how they came to be in the cards. Feel free to chime in with meanings, ways you see the cards or really anything at all.

Starting off the Lenormand decks I used for reference were the Blue Owl, the LS 1890 reproduction and the Piatnik. Of course the only tarot deck I used was the 1910 Pam A that I had scanned in at in insane 1600dpi about two years ago. For books about the only one I could use was Steinbach's Secrets of the Lenormand and it was where most of the astrological symbols came out of. Quality control and making sure it never got to far into the realm of tarot , as you shall read about some of the cards, was my creative muse Rena George. SO with all that in place onto the cards.

The Rider.

Meaning: News or announcements. People coming with information. New situations or people are coming to you.

The first image I ever had in mind for the deck was of the rider holding the caduceus. I had no idea if the rest of the deck would even work out, but this card I knew had to be done.
Here we have the horse from the Knight of Cups with the saddle removed showing, for me, that the news coming can be slightly unexpected. The rider upon it started his life on the 6 of Wands and was, for little bit, left with his regular head in tact. Because he was so familiar and I wanted him to have his own personality I replaced the head with that of the Page of Wands. The caduceus of course comes from the Two of Cups and the birds from the Knight of Swords. Reading the Secrets of the Lenormand book I wanted to work with the system that was built there so that is why the references to Mercury and Air which can come into play with using this card to get things more exact. The back sky and clouds is from the Page of Swords with the ground coming from the Page of Pentacles.

AJ

Thank you, I'll make my own LWB when you are finished :)

MoonGypsy

Thanks so much for doing this, Edmund! :heart:It will very helpful and i sincerely appreciate your time and effort! :*

Hugs and Blessings,
MGxxx

Cocobird55

Thank you! This will answer a lot of questions that probably a lot of people had.

Pen

AJ said:
Thank you, I'll make my own LWB when you are finished :)

Me too - this is wonderfully enlightening - thank you!

Pen

magpie9

I too wish for a LWB...I would never have noticed the meaning to the saddle-less horse on my own.
Thank you!

PathWalker

As a brand new user of Lenormands, this is going to be really helpful, as well as interesting, thank you. Jes and I both love our decks :)
Your insights add to the meaning, and will also help me remember the meanings better than just a dry little list.
Pathwalker

Ashtaroot

I can't believe you still get my name wrong :rolleyes: :bugeyed: :eek: :(
* folds hand, turn head abruptly to the side*

The rider was the birth. When you flashed that rider, I immediately loved it. It had all the elements and was just perfect in my eyes.

The Rider for me always comes up when someone is coming in town to visit or when someone new is coming in to my life. And most of the time news news any new piece of info.
Yesterday I got him and soon after I got a call that a friend finally got pregnant.

nicky

Ashtaroot said:
I can't believe you still get my name wrong :rolleyes: :bugeyed: :eek: :(
* folds hand, turn head abruptly to the side*

Princess, he had me as Nichole with an "H" in the LWB - the man is a genius but can't spell to save his life LOL !!

Edmund - now offically watching this thread - thanks :)

starlightexp

I'm just glad if I get my last name right...lol... All spelling errors are property of the public school system...

The Clover

By the time this card came round it was later in the game so I was much more adept at getting things to do what I wanted them to. The clover itself all comes from the Ace of wands. The clover stem is the actual wand, the clover leaves come from the leaves on the wand. The flower buds come from the tip of the wand that have been elongated and doubled up. Of course the rainbow comes from the 10 of Cups. The rainbow was a particularly proud accomplishment for me and it took three tries to get it cleaned up and look right with all the cups removed from it. The sky in the background is from the 2 of Cups with the ground coming from the Page of pentacles. I loved how this ground showed flowers and trees. It was a ground of fertileness and happiness. Not that it really would come up in a reading, but the mountain in the background was to remind me that really The Clover clears things out of the way and brings luck over everything.