Postmark Lenormand

Tibor

I have recently found out that Melissa Hill is working on this new Lenormand deck. I love her Melissa Lenormand but I am just not sure about this one. Having looked at some of the card images on her website, my first impression is that the images are a little bit 'in your face' especially some of the photographic images. The only thing that makes it more attractive for me is the presentation with the lovely tin box. Honestly it makes it kind of more attractive. The question is: does it do exactly what it says on the tin?? :)

strings of life

Hi there Tibor. The deck hasn't been delivered yet to those of us who pre-ordered it, so only people who have advance copies (if any) would know. However, they should be on their way soon! I'm excited to get mine :).

tarotmama posted a thread in the Advertisement part of the forum (which you can't access since you aren't a subscriber). All of the details on her deck are here: http://lenormand.info

IheartTarot

Tibor said:
I have recently found out that Melissa Hill is working on this new Lenormand deck. I love her Melissa Lenormand but I am just not sure about this one. Having looked at some of the card images on her website, my first impression is that the images are a little bit 'in your face' especially some of the photographic images.

The Melissa Lenormand is a collage-style Lenormand and the Postmark Lenormand is a pared down Lenormand. I don't see why Melissa would want to produce two collage-style Lenormands and I welcome the new and different offering. Many people find collage-style decks too busy so would prefer the Postmark to the Melissa anyway. If you read "by pictures"*, this deck may not be for you. If you have a deep understanding of the basic Lenormand symbols and like the artwork, the Postmark should be fine.

*Note that I do not use the word intuitively here as I do not necessarily see this as the same thing. For me, reading intuitively means accessing a personal deeper understanding in my brain by stringing concepts together.

Tibor said:
The question is: does it do exactly what it says on the tin?? :)

The cards are only a tool, the magic is in the reader. :)

Topaz71

I got my Postmark on Thursday (no tin so that may explain why I got mine- no corners to punch). I am loving it so far but I have just been asking silly questions to learn. The images are very uncluttered. Pretty accurate so far.

IheartTarot

One advantage of a Lenormand deck with pared down images is that there is less chance of the images being influenced by the creator's Lenormand system of meanings. I do not follow the same Lenormand system that Melissa does, and that would have spoiled the deck for me.

Aulruna

I received mine while at the Readers Studio and totally love it. For me, the "expanded" meanings of the Melissa Lenormand worked really well because it triggered my imagination. The Postmark is different in that, I would call it a "classic" Lenormand - just the symbols and a shorthand playing card correspondence. I like how this latter thing was done - I like having the playing card correspondence, but if the whole card is squeezed in with the Lenormand image, it can feel crowded - not the case here.

And as far as the classic ones go, I find the Postmark very aesthetically appealing - especially if you're doing a Grand Tableau, the cards with their different background hues look great.

I have attached a pic from the Readers Studio event.

Attachments

• postmark.jpg
    postmark.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 304

Le Fanu

That looks beautiful! I can't wait for mine!

Tibor

Hi Aulruna,

Can you please tell me if there are two men and two women cards in this deck because the image you posted has a different woman and man card from what is on the website????

Thanks

IheartTarot

Tibor said:
Can you please tell me if there are two men and two women cards in this deck because the image you posted has a different woman and man card from what is on the website????

In the first 100 pre-orders only, see anouncement here. I am not sure if this pre-order number has been reached yet or if new orders qualify seeing as the deck is available now.

You can see the extra cards compared with the main cards on my blog (I am not allowed to add a link to my blog here but my blog link is in my profile under website and you can click on the postmark lenormand label at the bottom of the home page to see all related posts).

Tibor

yeah thanks, I actually checked them out after submitted my post. I so much more prefer those extra man and woman cards. I wonder why they are not part of the regular deck? why only the first 100 will get them??that to me sounds a bit strange (in a negative way :( with the Melissa Lenormand you got all the extra cards regardless when you ordered it.