The Tarot by Alfred Douglas

Teheuti

Alfred Douglas said:
We have just republished this book under our Sheridan Douglas imprint.
Congratulations and thank you for writing such a wonderful book. This was one of my early inspirations as the Jungian and archetypal approach has always been at the core of my interest in Tarot. It was so exciting to find a kindred soul.

I have used the lemnescate mandala (laying out the Majors in a solar/lunar sideways figure-8) in my classes since the 70s as a very powerful way to explore the structure and relationships of the cards. How did you come up with it?

I can hardly wait to read your new book.

Mary K. Greer

Sulis

I received my new shiny copy from Alfred last week - thank you :D

It's a wonderful book, I particularly like the history section in it.
I have 2 copies of the lime green covered version from Penguin Books but they are a bit fragile so it's good to have a copy that I can use without fear of it falling to bits.

Well done Mr. Douglas, I think you've done a wonderful thing by republishing your marvelous deck and marvelous book (but then you know that ;)).

I'm sure that David Sheridan would be proud of you (and he probably is) :)

jackdaw*

I got my copy today :D Thank you, Alfred!

Like Sulis, I have an original print of the book, which I bought used and was not in the most stable condition when I got it. Add to that the fact that I carry books with me everywhere to read, and I'm hard on my books, and ... well, let's just say I'm very glad to have a shiny, sturdy copy to knock around!

RaeBelle

I just ordered a copy from Alfred. I don't have an old copy, but I'm looking forward to the book. Now the waiting game begins.

The crowned one

Chapter three is a stand-out.

The whole book is fantastic, I look at it daily.

augursWell

I tried to find this on Amazon and they had the new publication information but showed the old cover. Also, it appears that you can't buy it from Amazon as it just links to the "New & Used" section where it lists the old edition from various sellers. How do I go about getting a copy of the book?

augursWell

Thanks JMD. I found how to order it.

Lleminawc

I Ching?

Alfred, any plans to reissue your I Ching book?

Bonnie

Review for "The Tarot", by Alfred Douglas

Ladies & Gentlemen:

I have to agree with others who have posted on this thread - this work is well worth purchasing - and working with!

I have a review of the book here: <a href="http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/origins-meaning-uses/">The Tarot - The Origins, Meanings, and Uses of the Cards</a>

Blessings,
Bonnie