best tarot spread book?

olivia1

what is the best book for spreads that you know of?

I have Power Tower but I dont really think that the spreads in it are accurate. at least they werent for me.

I am considering buying an AT ebook on spreads? anyone have any recommendations? I heard Tarot Bible was a good one but surely there are others as well? I dont need a book with a lot of card description, I just want some spreads

rwcarter

The most comprehensive book of spreads I'm aware of is Tarot Spreads Collection by Velvet Angel. Many of them are culled from other books and not attributed at all. But at 300 spreads, you should be able to find any number of spreads to tickle your fancy.

White Rabbit

3-card book spreads from Aeclectic (the e-book)

So, not to brown nose on my first post, but, I just purchased a copy of the 2011 3-card spread, e-book here at $5.95 or so. I use a lot of just Majors only spreads and have a few I made up. Read with this honey last night (Hermit Spread). Some are very clever in the overview. Can't wait to try more. Also can't beat the price.

Eeviee

I don't own many of them, so I cannot give you a personal review, but I've looked into:

Tarot Spreads by Barbara Moore
Learning Tarot Spreads by Joan Bunning
Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads (Llewellyn's Special Topics in Tarot Series) by Theresa Michelsen

gregory

I avoid spreads as a rule - so whether this is of any value I don't know - but the only one I have EVER felt moved to buy - and did - was Barbara Moore's.

And - I like it ! I was VERY surprised !

olivia1

I avoid spreads as a rule - so whether this is of any value I don't know - but the only one I have EVER felt moved to buy - and did - was Barbara Moore's.

And - I like it ! I was VERY surprised !

thanks, gregory. i have also heard great things about that book but im not one to really make up spreads nor do i care about the shape of spreads..i read that in the book, she emphasis the importance of spread shapes and even people who really could care less about the way a spread is shaped are starting to re-evaluate their stance on that. But even if, after reading her argument for their importance, i still could care less about the shape of a spread or how to build a spread, do you still think I would be able to get much out of this book?

I want a book on spreads mainly because I am tired of using the basic 3 card lay out and Celtic Cross when I read for others..

gregory

thanks, gregory. i have also heard great things about that book but im not one to really make up spreads nor do i care about the shape of spreads..i read that in the book, she emphasis the importance of spread shapes and even people who really could care less about the way a spread is shaped are starting to re-evaluate their stance on that. But even if, after reading her argument for their importance, i still could care less about the shape of a spread or how to build a spread, do you still think I would be able to get much out of this book?

If I can, anyone can. As I usually create my own if I REALLY need one ! But I have actually READ chunks of this book. Most spread books I just sit there and think pfft ! But - Barbara writes so well and with great knowledge and experience (yes, I know others do, and no doubt many here prefer them - but - well, this one is just my $5 worth (more than 2 cents, you see !)

olivia1

If I can, anyone can. As I usually create my own if I REALLY need one ! But I have actually READ chunks of this book. Most spread books I just sit there and think pfft ! But - Barbara writes so well and with great knowledge and experience (yes, I know others do, and no doubt many here prefer them - but - well, this one is just my $5 worth (more than 2 cents, you see !)
thank you :)