I'm Making a Lenormand deck

La Force

It's been decided I am making a Lenormand deck.

I'm already half way done.

I will be posting here to ask questions, as I go along, for input. I will be keeping quite as to exact what the deck will be, until it is done. then I will reveal it. Surprise :)

La Force

La Force

First question

If you were too choose a color for the backing what would be the color of your top most choice.

AJ

a neutral, but I think it is an impossible question without knowing the colors in the deck.

La Force

Ohh you two are so good, hehe,

I do like the Neutral color that would go so sweet. hmmm

Now we can have the browns to tan, off white to sand. these will all work.

so which end of the spectrum white - tan, the middle tan - dark sand, the moving into darker tones of browns.

La Force

All the cards are done and sized, only need to do text, and backs. The is off to the printers.

The reason why I am not telling or showing images till it's done is because I've had a deck that I had almost complete, stolen, why because I was stupid and posted my idea and images on the internet of my cards, and talked about it as I went along. so I am not going through that again with a deck.

I will give you a Hint:
I happy I came with this idea, had lots of cards already done, and didn't even know it. good old scanner and Photoshop. take my old love of Hobbies and turn them into a deck. :)

That's all I am saying the deck should be ready within a week

ETA: once the printing is done so will the copyrights, then I can share it with all of you.

La Force

ana luisa

Ok, I admit it. I wasn't too helpful. But now that you gave us a small hint, I would say that I really like to associate Lenormand with that ballroom vibe. Colors that remind me of velvet (warm but not loud): cappuccino, deep red, dark green. if you're set on a lighter tone, off white is perhaps too plain... Sand with touches of color would spruce it up a bit.
So curious to finally see your creation ! :)

danieljuk

looking forwards to this :thumbsup:

La Force

ahh yes cappuccino range of colours is what I had in mind, thanks for the images AJ, as you can see the colour range in a cup of cappuccino. is what I had in mind. then I got thinking I can even do pastel ranges from light pink, mauve, baby blue, soft yellow. and cream. Like what Ana suggested.

La Force

Question 2: I did discover that I missed two cards, I am stuck on two cards the coffin and whip.

What could be associated with these two and still carry the same meaning? that I can dig through my stuff to see if I have.

Example: can I use a head stone (R.I.P) for coffin?

La Force

danieljuk

Question 2: I did discover that I missed two cards, I am stuck on two cards the coffin and whip.

What could be associated with these two and still carry the same meaning? that I can dig through my stuff to see if I have.

Example: can I use a head stone (R.I.P) for coffin?

La Force

it's a bit of a risk, head stone is more grave than coffin. I searched google images just for a look and someone has made a coffin card with "death" in a cloak and someone else has done an Egyptian sarcophagus