If you had to choose only one book on learning the tarot, what would it be?

Aina

I am looking for the number 1 book for tarot learning. It should be thick, well rounded and cover ALL the basics and a little more than basics. Something that the beginner as well as an intermediate or even an experience reader could use. Or a book, that would "last" and would not be easily exhaustible.

In short: I have limited amount of money and I can buy one book in 6 months. Which one?

minotaur

"The Easiest Way to Learn Tarot Ever" by Dusty White.

He does have a book out now that follows this book, "Advanced Tarot Secrets". I have not yet seen this book but understand that it is not a beginner book. However his first book, "Easiest Way...", will give you the exercises you need to read tarot with your own voice.

AJ

Aeclectic Tarot

mountains of information here, and mountains of opinions. After awhile you learn to sort the blowhards from the intelligent.

What deck do you have?
There are sections of this forum dedicated to the study of individual decks.
Pick one, stick with it, read what the others have posted, and add your own view for every single card.

Writing down your own view is a really good way to realize you know more than you think.
Reading what others have said helps you spot symbology you may have missed, historical background.

Buy a subscription here...worth far more than any one book.
What you are asking for sounds like Kaplan's encyclopedia of decks, with concordance ;)

greatdane

Tarot Plain and Simple

magpie9

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card.

ann823

"The Easiest Way to Learn Tarot Ever" by Dusty White.

He does have a book out now that follows this book, "Advanced Tarot Secrets". I have not yet seen this book but understand that it is not a beginner book. However his first book, "Easiest Way...", will give you the exercises you need to read tarot with your own voice.

This made a huge difference for me, and it is different from any others I've found. I didn't realize the next one was out, thanks minotaur!

biddy9

Tarot Foundations: 31 Days to Read Tarot with Confidence - provides a solid foundation for learning and reading Tarot, moving you beyond rote learning the meanings to creating personal connections with the cards.

and if you're looking for comprehensive card meanings...

The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings (330+ pages)

Both available at the Biddy Tarot website.

P.S. In full disclosure, I am the founder of Biddy Tarot. I wholeheartedly recommend these two e-books as do the thousands of people who have bought them. I have seen firsthand how they have helped beginners learn the cards and read with confidence.

alca

Yes, definitely "The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - Ever!!" and its sequel "Advanced Tarot Secrets" by Dusty White.

"The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - Ever!!" is also the top hit on Amazon when you search 'tarot books' with 300 reviews.

He is currently working on "The Easiest Way to Learn Astrology - Ever!! and it will most likely be followed by "Advanced Astrology Secrets" (I don't know if he'll name that, but I'll call it that for now).

The way Dusty teaches tarot AND especially astrology makes it super easy to understand and learn.

Go and check out his website; http://easytarotlessons.com/

Pique Dame

P.S. In full disclosure, I am the founder of Biddy Tarot. I wholeheartedly recommend these two e-books as do the thousands of people who have bought them. I have seen firsthand how they have helped beginners learn the cards and read with confidence.

I'm a huge fan of your website!! The first place I turn to when looking for more meaning in my readings. :)