Laura Tuan Lenormand Oracle

La Force

I just purchased this Deck/Kit. I purchased this Kit, for the intention of the book, and finding my ground with how to applying combining the cards.

Upon opening it, to my surprise, the cards are massive, holy cow, good luck trying to do a Grand Tableau with it. even a 9 cards Mini Tableau is iffy. Yes on the back of the box it does say "36 cards in large size", but wow I wasn't expecting them to be this huge. 5" x 3.5" I was expecting the cards to be around 4" x 2.5" or just under. Attached picture below so you know what your in for.

So what can one do with reading these large cards, well I'm thinking 3 - 5 card spreads will be okay.

I read through Laura Tuan practical complete book. I noticed some cards have the traditional school meanings that are common across all schools. however there were a few that went off in a different direction. I'm thinking these maybe her personal interpretations. To my disappointment, there are no instructions or examples of card combinations.

She offers some great spreads in the book. like the Gypsy Oracle. however you best have lots of table space 12 cards in a 3 x 4 Layout. I suggest using smaller cards for this spread.

I am interested to hearing what you thoughts are on this deck. Do you have it. what are your impressions. What do you make of the meanings described in the book?

I'm feeling that I may have wasted my money on this Kit. So what can I do with it, now that I have it?

La Force
:)

Attachments

• 20131121_173347.jpg
    20131121_173347.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,026

Emily

Are the images on the cards still crisp and clear or have they suffered from being enlarged? I didn't realise they were so big either.

Lee

Holy cats, that's big! That would be good for teaching a Lenormand class.

DownUnderNZer

Tarot like size kind of....wow!!!! Big big big indeed.

Not heard of this particular Lenormand, but would be ideal for teaching purposes if it came down to it maybe. Like Lee points out. Woweee.....

La Force

The images are still crisp and clear, not smudged, blurred. They are softened in an antique style, aged like. The fine lines are fine lines, not distorted. You can make out fine details in the images. Like in the garden card, the woman is throwing coins into the fountain, there is another person beside her. This adds to the card wishing well. I do like the enlargement of the images, you see these are water painted, and detailed, you appreciate it.

The cards are larger then US Games tarot decks, these card would make a great instructional tool, use in videos, etc. It's funny that this was mentioned, I been teaching lenormand these past two weeks to a few people in my area. It's funny I can teach lenormand, my students pick up no problem how to read the lenormand, they create sentences, etc. it's great, Ienjoy it. But when it come to me actually applying the cards, creating sentence, pairing, I struggle with, I feel that I dont have the ability to actually read the cards, so maybe I should just stick to teaching it instead, and not be a lenormand reader. I was feeling very discouraged, I would see my students do it, so I know that my knowledge and the system and teaching is good, it's me, I am the problem, that I am not able to actually connect the cards. Funny how that is. I may just accept that I cant read lenormand cards and to just stop. Teaching it seems to be my stronger ability.

Thanks.

Lil Red

I have this lenormand oracle and I use it for studying purposes only since I'm a newbie when it comes to the Lenomand. As for the book, I discarded it for in favor to read "The Secrets of the a Lenormand Oracle." Now, if I have to be honest, I do find the cards gigantic and wish it was smaller but beggars can't be choosers.

La Force

I have this lenormand oracle and I use it for studying purposes only since I'm a newbie when it comes to the Lenomand. As for the book, I discarded it for in favor to read "The Secrets of the a Lenormand Oracle." Now, if I have to be honest, I do find the cards gigantic and wish it was smaller but beggars can't be choosers.

Yes, This would make a great study deck, for beginners, to first learn, the individual card meanings, then to 2 card pairing, then up to 3 card cominations. You could go upto depending on table a line of 7 card (coffee table/kitchen table) and 2 rows of 7. Now think poster paper board, for amount of space you'll need for this you could do 4 rows across by 6 colums and you have filled the poster board. Best to keep to small spread/lines with this deck. Once you have learned those and you want to try the grand tableau, I recomment a smaller deck.unless your okay with your floor. Lol or you have a large kitchen table.

Yes, been there, beggers can't be choosers.

I may make something out of the book, as in she reads like a regular oracle deck, using spread, maybe I should try that, seems I am having such difficulty with creating sentences /pairing, etc. Her method is a different approach to the cards, using spreads/placement to interpret the meaning, also she combines the playing card meaning as well in her interpretations of the cards. This may not be the lenormand tradition school way. To sum it up, its like tarot spreads mix with oracle spreads, and the cards are read individually to its position in the spread. Does that make sense. Hope so. I already can read this way, so it wouldn't be too hard for me to try it out, see if I can read lenormand. Of course it's not the proper way.

ETA: example from the book. Gypse Oracle spread

6. Clouds in colum 3 money:
Position 3: unexpected events
Meaning: A loan granted by an influential friend.

Also she uses reverse meanings, like tarot.

Here is the reversed meaning for the above.
Rx: don't accept loans even if your in deep water

La Force

ann823

La Force, what is the deck to the far left in the bottom row of the picture?

La Force

La Force, what is the deck to the far left in the bottom row of the picture?

That is The Dark Hearts by Anna Stokes, published by Bicycle. It is a fully illustrated 52 cards. Man I read that better than the lenormand, I do 3x3 (9 card) and boom it's there, I read them no prob, put a lenormand in the same 3x3' I cant read it, go figger. I luv that deck, I started a thread in the oracle section, it is a gothic deck. You may not like, but it is cheap to buy. What nice is you can use it like a lenormand, you get two decks in one. lol :)

shadowomyn

I thought about getting this, then found out that it's just a massively larger sized version of a deck I already own - the French Cartomancy deck. I've had a few lenormand decks for years, but didn't really get into them until this year. I think the lack of books in english held me back, although I do like Sylvie Steinbach's book, "The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle", I really like the book that comes with "The Enchanted Lenormand Oracle" quite a bit.

I'm still in the fumbling stage, but suspect that I'll end up reading the cards in order, so that (for example) the clover followed by mice would read a bit differently than the mice followed by the clover. That just makes more sense to my primarily left sided, orderly noggin.