Alchemical Tarot and Books

6 Haunted Days

Scion said:
our very own Adam McLean's Alchemical Mandala (a must read!)

This one looks very interesting indeed, so I ordered it :) I love that's about the engravings and symbols......

Jewel

Leisa said:
There will be an updated edition of the Alchemical Tarot book. I believe it will be called Alchemical Tarot: Revisited. I'm anticipating it will be done in the Fall/Winter of this year.
Excellent! Let us know when we can pre-order the book :D

Kenny

I've recently got my mits on The Complete Idiot's Guide to Alchemy. From what I can tell it's a great introduction to alchemy.

rachelcat

Scion said:
our very own Adam McLean's Alchemical Mandala (a must read!)
This and a couple other of Adam's books are discounted at discountnewagebooks.com.

(I SWEAR I don't work for them! I just love book bargains!)

mac22

Leisa said:
There will be an updated edition of the Alchemical Tarot book. I believe it will be called Alchemical Tarot: Revisited. I'm anticipating it will be done in the Fall/Winter of this year.

Woohoo! Is it gonna be available in the usual places?

Mac22

Vadella

I will have to check it out as the one I have so far doesn't do any justice. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Abrac

I also just got my hands on the book Kenny mentioned, The Complete Idiot's Guide To Alchemy. It's a brand new release.

So far I have only read the chapter called, 'The Elusive First Matter' and I have to say I am impressed. I think I finally understand this mysterious concept. I'm looking forward to reading further.

mac22

Abrac said:
I also just got my hands on the book Kenny mentioned, The Complete Idiot's Guide To Alchemy. It's a brand new release.

So far I have only read the chapter called, 'The Elusive First Matter' and I have to say I am impressed. I think I finally understand this mysterious concept. I'm looking forward to reading further.

The Complete Idiot's Guide To Alchemy is a GREAT beginners book in my view - NOT dumbed down - NOT too twee.

A bit of a note about Dennis William Hauck -- He's the real deal. A modern Alchemist who runs several advanced web sites on Alchemy -- and he is connected with Flamel College Here it is -- AND NO I'm not connected with his web sites or the College. I have taken a couple of courses from Flamel -- top notch IMHO.

If you're looking for the RL Hogwarts Flamel College is about as close as you can come in my view. :)

I thought you all would like to know. :)

Keep the word PATIENCE above thy athanor -- old Alchemist proverb

Mac22

metal_romantic

I have "The Book of Alchemy: Learn the Secrets of the Alchemists to Transform Mind, Body, and Soul" by Francis Melville, which is a beginner's guide with many beautiful coloured engravings. I'd love to read the Complete Idiot's Guide to Alchemy too- does it contain a lot of pictures?
I really want Robert M Place's book. I also want the accompanying journal, but it's quite expensive (on ebay at least) for something with more blank space than printing. I am hoping to buy his "Tarot: History, Symbolism and Divination" book too.