Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

happyphantom

All Is One said:
I could see the raised type, but I hadn't even thought of touching it. I can certainly and easily feel it.

That DOES it.

I have to have another copy.

Isn't it amazing? Sooooooo pretty. I'm going to break down and buy another, I just know it.

I have every bit of confidence that the Kunati deck will be just as beautiful though. :)

All Is One

This Is Truly Tudor

In typical Tudor fashion (and fashion is everything) I have lost my head.
Must have more copies for gifts.

I have spent....undisclosed amounts on stupid gifts from Overstock.com (am I allowed to admit this....I'm a sucker for cool stuff that is cheap...sue me) and this is a relatively cheap yet priceless gift.

I would like to know how few are left but I don't think that is a helpful piece of info.

This is a fantastic gift. I wanted a second copy for myself....but my sister has not slept in days...

with a new baby...

just got out of the hospital because daycare did make the little baby Micah sick sick sick. He's beter. A recovery gift!

Yep.

She will surely have time for apreciating a tarot deck.

Ya-huh, Ya-huh. })

happyphantom

133 left. In case you were still wondering. :)

(Yes, I am watching the number like a hawk, haha!)

Out of curiosity, which bags did y'all get? Seems like most people got the brown suede, like me. I love mine! The gold satin lining and cord are so pretty.

retrokat

roppo said:
The Knight of Swords, William the Silent?

We have a winner! Will have to think up the next challenge now...

All Is One

Who Gonna Win

I just did a reading about who and what is going to happen ( I always look for influences...not answers)
to this country.

I used my new reading deck (of course)

I drew a card.
It was the Chariot.

Three cards below it were:

Death
Page of Coins Reversed

(I do not go rev...but Lexie does...so I think I will defer to her interpretation ... later on that)

Two of Cups.

Enough said.

happyphantom

That was very interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

All Is One

I Am Happy

I do not predict.

Well... who cares??

tarotberry

Kimber said:
I'd be interested to see where we agree and disagree on certain faces in the cards. I'm not an art history major, but I'm a sucker for All Things Tudor and Stuart! I posted a list of cards earlier in this thread and attempted to identify some faces - take a look and let's compare notes!!!

i saw that! very impressive tudor knowledge, my lady!

in my ID game, i've gone strictly on who painted what of whom...i'm not sure if kat has intended to use actual historical people or use their likeness as a representation of a more well known "character." either way, i don't think it affects the deck...they are lovely and emotive faces, literal or no.

the moon i think you IDed as a preggers jane seymour...i'm not sure if the woman in white is supposed to be her or not? i totally lack your tudor knowledge but i do know she's a part of holbein's "Madonna of the Burgermeister Meyer." i enjoyed reading your potential casting call ~ far less literal than mine! :) it's interesting how the deck has captured our imagination in different ways...

did i mention how much i love the size? it bears repeating...it's perfect! :)

tarotberry

roppo said:
The Knight of Swords, William the Silent?

since kat confirmed this, it makes me think that she did choose a likeness and intend that it be read as that person...VERY cool. it only enhances the puzzle of who's who! :)

All Is One

colleen: I got a beautiful black velvet bag with a peacock colored and gold thread piece of braid around the top edge.

No suede for me.

Somehow Leisa and Kat manage to get the right bags to the right people.

Don't forget the nameless Kat's Mum...who stitched them all. :~)