78 Weeks of Study: General Discussion

jmd

As mentioned in another thread, beginning on the week in which Christmas falls, some of us will begin to take one card a week for the ensuing 78 weeks. The study will therefore be complete just in time for the 2005 Melbourne Conference...

Apart from determining one's own sequence, there are no specified decks, no particular book, nor presumed associations with other systems.

The idea is to reflect, meditate, or even draw each card... and spend a whole week daily doing such - for five minutes daily can be far more effective than an hour here and there. Ideally, each day will have the same 5 minutes set aside, whether it be morning, afternoon or evening...

Personally, I will attempt to post some small element of my personal reflection... that is all.

When we begin, please use the relevent thread of the card. If you are working on a card which does not yet have its thread, PM me and I will start a thread for the card you are working on (unless you would prefer to begin it yourself). For the sake of convenience, please use the following format:
  • subject:
78 Weeks: name of card

NB: the threads themselves, following comments and discussions made, will be located in Using Tarot Cards.

As we will each be using various decks, and given that we definitely have varied preferences, please use the traditional numbering, save that the Fool, Justice and Strength I ask that we leave un-numbered in the subject titles, and that the following be used for the suits:
  • Wands; Cups; Coins; & Swords
Names of the Courts:
  • Page; Knight; Queen; & King
Within posts, of course, please feel free to alter these in any way you see fit, or given the specific deck being used. Having a common thread title - and my suggestions are bound to somewhat annoy anyone wishing to work and maintain a specific tradition (including the Marseille) - will make for ease of reference and commonality of thread togetherness.

Also please note that I will maintain a linked Table of Contents for the threads of 78 weeks within this very thread :)

If you're up for the challenge... be prepared to persevere through difficult weeks :):):)

rexenne2003

Will we posting to this thread, or a completely different thread? I would like to watch which-ever thread it will be on so that I do not forget. I have brain-farts often.

jmd

Given comments made in the thread A card a week, we'll have threads titled:
  • 78 weeks: name of card
in Using Tarot Cards.

I'll edit the first post of this thread to reflect this minor change :)

...two days to go before we begin!

jmd

To assist those who wish to use the same sequence as a number of us will be using, below is a list of dates for 2003 through until 2005 (please remember that you may wish to decide your own sequence - and still be most welcome in participating :)).

As you will notice, the first and last date of each week is the same. Please decide whether you are to end or begin the new card on the date given (some decisions have to be made by each individual! :)).

I also suggest that if you use either a calendar (such as Major Tom's :)) or a diary, you write the card which you will begin on the first - and maybe also last - day of its study.
  • Suggested dates:[*]22nd - 29th December 2003 - I the Magician;[*]29th Dec - 5th Jan 2004 - II the High Priestess;[*]5th - 12th January - III the Empress;[*]12th - 19th January - IIII the Emperor;[*]19th -26th January - V the Hierophant;[*]26th Jan - 2nd Feb - VI the Lovers;[*]2nd - 9th February - VII the Chariot;[*]9th - 16th February - Justice;[*]16th -23rd February - VIIII the Hermit;[*]23rd Feb - 1st March - X the Wheel of Fortune;[*]1st - 8th March - Strength;[*]8th - 15th March - XII the Hanged Man;[*]15th - 22nd March - XIII (Death);[*]22nd - 29th March - XIIII Temperance;[*]29th March - 5th Apr. - XV the Devil;[*]5th - 12th April - XVI the Tower;[*]12th - 19th April - XVII the Star;[*]19th - 26th April - XVIII the Moon;[*]26th Apr - 3rd May - XVIIII the Sun;[*]3rd - 10th May - XX Judgement;[*]10th - 17th May - XXI the World;[*]17th - 24th May - the Fool;

[*]24th - 31st May - Ace of Battons/Wands;[*]31st May - 7th June - Two Battons/Wands;[*]7th - 14th June - Three Battons/Wands;[*]14th - 21st June - Four Battons/Wands;[*]21st - 28th June - Five Battons/Wands;[*]28th June - 5th July - Six Battons/Wands;[*]5th -12th July - Seven Battons/Wands;[*]12th - 19th July - Eight Battons/Wands;[*]19th - 26th July - Nine Battons/Wands;[*]26th July - 2nd Aug - Ten Battons/Wands;[*]2nd - 9th August - Page of Battons/Wands;[*]9th - 16th August - Knight of Battons/Wands;[*]16th - 23rd August - Queen of Battons/Wands;[*]23rd - 30th August - King of Battons/Wands;

[*]30th Aug - 6th Sept - Ace of Cups;[*]6th - 13th September - Two Cups;[*]13th - 20th September - Three Cups;[*]20th - 27th September - Four Cups;[*]27th Sept - 4th Oct - Five Cups;[*]4th - 11th October - Six Cups;[*]11th - 18th October - Seven Cups;[*]18th - 25th October - Eight Cups;[*]25th Oct - 1st Nov - Nine Cups;[*]1st - 8th November - Ten Cups;[*]8th - 15th November - Page of Cups;[*]15th - 22nd November - Knight of Cups;[*]22nd - 29th November - Queen of Cups;[*]29th Nov - 6th Dec - King of Cups;

[*]6th - 13th December - Ace of Coins/Deniers;[*]13th - 20th December - Two Coins/Deniers;[*]20th - 27th December - Three Coins/Deniers;[*]27th Dec - 3rd Jan 2005 - Four Coins/Deniers;[*]3rd - 10th January - Five Coins/Deniers;[*]10th - 17th January - Six Coins/Deniers;[*]17th - 24th January - Seven Coins/Deniers;[*]24th - 31st January - Eight Coins/Deniers;[*]31st Jan - 7th Feb - Nine Coins/Deniers;[*]7th - 14th February - Ten Coins/Deniers;[*]14th - 21st February - Valet of Coins/Deniers;[*]21st - 28th February - Knight of Coins/Deniers;[*]28th Feb. - 7th March - Queen of Coins/Deniers;[*]7th - 14th March - King of Coins/Deniers;

[*]14th - 21st March - Ace of Swords;[*]21st - 28th March - Two Swords;[*]28th March - 4th April - Three Swords;[*]4th - 11 April - Four Swords;[*]11th - 18th April - Five Swords;[*]18th - 25th April - Six Swords;[*]25th April - 2nd May - Seven Swords;[*]2nd - 9th May - Eight Swords;[*]9th - 16th May - Nine Swords;[*]16th - 23rd May - Ten Swords;[*]23rd - 30th May - Valet of Swords;[*]30th May - 6th June - Knight of Swords;[*]6th - 13th June - Queen of Swords;[*]13th - 20th June - King of Swords;[*]20th - 27th June - review
    [for Major Tom, back design :D]
Hope this helps...

:):):)

[last edited to mention that a new series will begin in November 2005]

Moonbow

Hi jmd,

I'm ready, decks - ready, cards - ready, journal - ready, calender - ready.

Moonbow* :)

Jewel-ry

Ready and raring to go jmd. Have printed off your dates so should be able to follow the shepherd OK :joke:
Major Toms calendar already secured for xmas!!

J :OS

Agathe

I won't have Major Tom's calendar...unfortunateluy :(.
Anyway, I'll print out the dates so I can follow the shepherd as well;)

Agathe

jmd

...oops... if the list is being printed, I'd better remove the colours - for I doubt the yellow will come up easily.

I'll go and edit the post now :)

Indigo Rose

Another Sheep...

I'm in. The Magician it is on Monday. Thanks JMD!

Moonbow

jmd said:
...oops... if the list is being printed, I'd better remove the colours - for I doubt the yellow will come up easily.

I'll go and edit the post now :)

Dont worry jmd I've printed it in black - I'm sure others can too

Moonbow*

edited: too late you've done it!