Is This Legal?

Tarh

Visual Tarot 2009 has been developed in C/C++ & VCL with CG RAD Studio 2009, it costs more than $4000* (United States Dollars), plus some additional components price is about $2000, and now calculate the price of the output product.

Note, there're no such features in Orphalese or other tarot products as included in Visual Tarot 2009.

Long ago the Author has removed comparison chart (Visual Tarot, Orphalese, MBSoftwares and other programs) from website, because it was very fun...

* - you can see the prices on CG RAD Studio website

gregory

Would you perhaps be connected to the developer, Tarh ? Because whether he likes it or not, he IS in breach of copyright here.

Orphalese does everything I would want in a tarot programme, anyway.

Umbrae

And why the heck do the Visual Tarot people remove other folks links and replace them with their own (in some cases changing entire pages with their 'spam')?

Their approach to business displays little respect for others - and that says a lot in todays world.

firecatpickles

Tarh said:
Visual Tarot 2009 has been developed in C/C++ & VCL with CG RAD Studio 2009, it costs more than $4000* (United States Dollars), plus some additional components price is about $2000, and now calculate the price of the output product.

Note, there're no such features in Orphalese or other tarot products as included in Visual Tarot 2009.

Long ago the Author has removed comparison chart (Visual Tarot, Orphalese, MBSoftwares and other programs) from website, because it was very fun...

Why should we trust that the Author didn't steal the software program, too? His credibility has long flow right out the window.

tarotlyn

...such ridiculous prices for this Visual software!!!

Right now you can buy Matrix Tarot software (right through a link put on by AT)
for under $75 for the "personal version" or under $150 for the "pro version" -
BOTH VERSIONS HAVE THE "CARD MEANINGS" BUILT IN...
...and the templates are much MORE ARTISTIC and fun than the Visual software!!!
(I have and love the pro version:heart:) ~ and at least it is all legit!

:) Read Solandia's review giving Matrix software 5 stars (out of 5 stars) here:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/matrix-software/

Here is what it says on the Matrix site regarding their copyright

Software designers: Stephen Erlewine, Tom Goyett / Interpretive text by: Nancy Garen.
Based upon the work TAROT MADE EASY by Nancy Garen. Published under
license from Simon & Schuster, Inc. © Copyright 1989 by Nancy Garen.
All Rights Reserved. / Decks: Illustrations reproduced by permission of U.S.
Games Systems, Inc,. Stamford, CT 06902 USA.
Motherpeace Round Tarot © 1981, 1983 by Motherpeace, Inc.
Further reproduction prohibited. ct Us | Site Map | F.A.

gregory

Well Tarh - if you are still watching - what I have against the programme is the illegal use of copyrighted decks. Please do pass that on when you see the guy - if it isn't you. Even if I liked the look of it, that would mean I would never buy it - or even use it for free.And most serious tarot users will recognise these decks as stolen, so....

baba-prague

Tarh said:

But the author told me he was making this software just for fun and not to make money (I have his email somewhere - he was implying he should not pay licensing fees to copyright owners because it isn't really a commercial project). I am a bit surprised because that is a large investment for a hobby project.

firecatpickles

For your information, my web site is 100% free and I make no money off of it. It is an educational website. In fact, it costs me money to maintain it.

Any deck creator is free to contact me at any time and ask me to remove any image. (Though there is far less than 10% of a complete work and fair use according to US Copyright. I am a professional educator and know quite a bit about it.)

As for my reasons behind starting this Thread, as Umbrae has mentioned, my site has been repeatedly spammed by this person.

You wouldb't happen to know the designer we're talking about do you?

And why do you refer to us as "yids?"

gregory

AnnaFox said:
At this time there're no illegal materials on http://visualtarot.com and you can easily see that.
No - the links to several illegal (copyrighted) downloads have been moved to another area.

Here - as I am sure you know.

If your Master (!) is serious about this programme, he should do as the creators of Orphalese did and commission decks specifically for it.

Umbrae

Whenever welcoming overtures have been made towards folks associated with Visual Tarot, what follows is appalling behavior, judgmental (and now racist) comments, yelling, anger, half truths, spam.

They’ve removed valid links on Tarotpedia replacing with their own, spamming entire pages.

And this is observable behavior over time.

AnnaFox said:
YOU ARE NOT A JUDGE TO BLAME, REMEMBER THIS!

Your posts in this thread filled with envy and impotence...
(I guess why you started this Thread, however it is normally for yids, IMHO)
You can judge?

And then you bring racist anti-Semitism into the mix?

Enjoy the future you are creating. It holds wonders you've not considered.