Thoth - The Fool

Moongold

Some people are undoubtedly smarter than us :D. But we are all on the same journey and smart doesn't mean the same thing here, on this journey.

I was too scared to get the Thoth because it seemed so complex. Someone gave it to me and it is only in the last month or so that I've started looking at it.

Nobody ever masters the Tarot, dear friends, but its important that you have fun learning. Your uncertainty might be a brilliant insight for someone else and vice versa.

Alobar

Richard said:
Personally, I think he's just meant to be looking "past" the viewer, although I think it's interesting that, unlike, say, the Waite-Smith deck, very few of the figures in the Thoth deck face the viewer...most of them are turned away, or have their faces otherwise obscured. I wonder what it means that the Fool is looking at you, and yet NOT looking at you...

in relation to this particular point, i see this card as a mirror.

and i thought it might be interesting to look at an earlier, MUCH more traditional rendition of this card...
http://www.occultartgallery.com/occultartgallery/harris/S_FOOL_LATER.html

EDIT; it just occured to me that he looks like Harpo Marx!

Wildchild

MystiqueMoonlight said:
Rune = Elhaz (merkstave) Or Yr which is the 25th original rune of the older Futhark symbolising the axis on the cosmic plan of creation.

I have to warn you I'm new with the Thoth deck. :D Ok, you did said to ask questions...

In the older Futhark there are only 24 runes and Elhaz is number 15th. Elhaz is more of a protection rune...how does it connect with the energies of the Fool? Also, I looked over my card & couldn't find the rune symbol on it...am I looking in the right place?

MystiqueMoonlight

Re: Re: Thoth - The Fool

Wildchild said:
I have to warn you I'm new with the Thoth deck. :D Ok, you did said to ask questions...

In the older Futhark there are only 24 runes and Elhaz is number 15th. Elhaz is more of a protection rune...how does it connect with the energies of the Fool? Also, I looked over my card & couldn't find the rune symbol on it...am I looking in the right place?

See my earlier post to a similar question on page 2 of this thread.

See that wasn't too hard to ask now was it :)

The flowers between the Fool's legs represent (among other things) this elusive Rune.

Wildchild

Re: Re: Re: Thoth - The Fool

MystiqueMoonlight said:
...The flowers between the Fool's legs represent (among other things) this elusive Rune.

LOL! Ok, I see that now!

Sorry to sound dumb again...So, the runes are assigned to the cards, more based on what they represent, rather than their divination meanings? I'm not sure I'm making any sense here.

MystiqueMoonlight

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoth - The Fool

Wildchild said:
LOL! Ok, I see that now!

Sorry to sound dumb again...So, the runes are assigned to the cards, more based on what they represent, rather than their divination meanings? I'm not sure I'm making any sense here.

Hhhmmmm, not quite sure what your question is? But Crowley certainly did assign the Runes according to "his" interpretation of them based upon his studies. (Crowley travelled many countries studying Runes, I Ching, Kaballah etc).

And stop saying "sorry to sound dumb" LOL :)

Wildchild

Thanks for explaining everthing so nicely. I can see I'm going to really enjoy working with this deck. :)

Alobar

Wildchild said:
I can see I'm going to really enjoy working with this deck. :)

told ya so!
(~ Gman :cool: )

Wildchild

LOL! I knew you would say that eventually! :D